Outkast

100borrowedfilms

Exactly, not all music needs to have guitars in order be considered.... acceptable y'know

Especially as Outkast are one of the most widely accepted and appreciated mainstream hip hop acts..... ever

Outkast does have guitars though? (Andre 3000 plays right? on at least some tunes I think.. I've no idea if he does it live...I don't think i've ever seen an Outkast live video actually, something to google when I get home!).

Therefore = Proper Music

Outkast are definitely big enough to sub Pyramid. Way more recognisable to most people than Nick Cave. The Mumfords fans asking me 'Who is this bloke?' when the latter came on wouldn't have been saying that about Outkast.

they were asking me that of Smashing Pumpkins too, when I mentioned i was running off immediately at end of Cave to the Other Stage

I don't know much by Outkast.

I'd recommend getting yourself the album Aquemini, which is better than their more commercially successful 'Love Below/Speakerboxxx', in my opinion. They definitely have the catalogue and the skill to sub at Pyramind or headline Other, I think. I'd love to see it happen.

I'd recommend getting yourself the album Aquemini, which is better than their more commercially successful 'Love Below/Speakerboxxx', in my opinion. They definitely have the catalogue and the skill to sub at Pyramind or headline Other, I think. I'd love to see it happen.

although their earlier material (Southerplayalisticadillacmuzik, ATliens and Aquemi) are much more rooted in southern hip hop / probably a bit less accessible than what many people know Outkast for - Ms. Jackson, Hey Ya etc, so people wanting a happy clappy sing along may be a bit disappointed with that (although those three albums are amazing, ATliens and Aquemi especially being two of the best albums in hip hop, imo)

be interesting to see how their setlists look when they start touring - don't think they even toured Speakerboxxx / The Love Below properly last time around

Personally I could see Outkast headlining West Holts. (and was considering in the drudgery of my commute this morning could Pharrell Williams be another West Holts headliner?)

If they were on Pyramid I have to agree with most here and say headlining is not an option here in Britain (in USA there is no question as Coachella has shown but not Britain), they were huge 10 years ago but now that popularity has faded. A new album may boost their profile though I guess. Sub or even third taking the Wu Tang Clan, Snoop Dogg type position of recent years is far more likely.

To people who think they would draw too big a crowd I'd mention the Black Eyed Peas headline slot a few years ago. Love em or hate em they are far more popular here than Outkast ever were. I'd put them on a par, especially against whoever may be on the Pyramid and Other at the same time.

Pretty much agree with Beaver89. If I were the West Holts booker I'd be trying to get them for a headline slot. It'd be a bit of a coup, but it feels like the right place for them.

Though Big Boi might not have massively fond memories of 2011, which might scupper chances of them returning.

Big Boi followed Janelle Monae, right? after she'd just fucking destroyed it. Tough act to follow. The field seemed pretty empty for him, but I guess it's hard for him to tell from that stage, in the dark.

if Big Boi can headline it solo then surely Outkast, as a pair, are far too big for it? they're much bigger than any of the previous West Holts headliners (except maybe Black Eyed Peas, who i understand went down like a sack of shit, but also who's sudden rise to superstardom probably happened after they were booked)

think, if booked, they'd definitely have to Pyramid it, whether it be as a sub, or mid-day in the 'hip hop slot'. people may not know much of their material outside of their mainstream success, but the likes of Hey Ya, Ms. Jackson, Roses etc will have people flocking to see them