The National

Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I mean, they would be a perfect sub for Taylor is she was to do it next year. 

If they came out and did something akin to the setlist of their tour last year, maybe. But I still don't think they're set out for a sub spot, regardless of the Taylor link to the band.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

If they came out and did something akin to the setlist of their tour last year, maybe. But I still don't think they're set out for a sub spot, regardless of the Taylor link to the band.

Can't see another sub slot going down any better than their last slot to be honest.

Better have them headline a smaller stage to people who want to be there.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

From what I've heard anecdotally it came over better with casuals than actual fans.

Yeah, I think it actually went down pretty well. Lots of fans seemed annoyed as it wasn't the big anthemic singalong (that they would get on the Other Stage). Those unfamiliar with them, who didn't know if these were classics or new, just seemed to think they were good. 

3 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Yeah, I think it actually went down pretty well. Lots of fans seemed annoyed as it wasn't the big anthemic singalong (that they would get on the Other Stage). Those unfamiliar with them, who didn't know if these were classics or new, just seemed to think they were good. 

Yep, my mate watched them for the first time and was blown away but he didn't know any of their hits.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

From what I've heard anecdotally it came over better with casuals than actual fans.

That's right. It wasn't bad or anything close to it, it's just that we wanted them to succeed, as playing sub to Foo Fighters fans is hard enough. There was one weird thing though (beside the 4 unreleased songs back to back and finishing the set with the unreleased Turtleneck) when Matt shared the cellphone number of a Senator from Ohio and urged us to call him.

22 hours ago, strummer77 said:

This was me - TBH had hardly heard of them before and was there to get a spot for the Foos.  Loved it and have been to seen them three times since.

21 minutes ago, Jon F said:

This was me - TBH had hardly heard of them before and was there to get a spot for the Foos.  Loved it and have been to seen them three times since.

Glad they managed to get some fans from it. I was into them for years at the point they did the sub slot and it was the first I saw them, was left a little disappointed. Every gig I've seen them do since then they surpassed it. Especially Manchester 2017 at the Apollo which was sublime.

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Glad they managed to get some fans from it. I was into them for years at the point they did the sub slot and it was the first I saw them, was left a little disappointed. Every gig I've seen them do since then they surpassed it. Especially Manchester 2017 at the Apollo which was sublime.

Hammersmith 2017 was the one for me.

• Like 1

Well, it's certainly a National song. It's a good song, not blown away by it but it'll grow on me as all their stuff does. 

Dublin, Leeds, Glasgow and Ally Pally in September according to 6music. I'm guessing it'll be arenas in Leeds and Glasgow this time around?

Edit: It is indeed arenas. Soccer Mommy supporting too which is nice.

Edited by kingcrawler

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Well, it's certainly a National song. It's a good song, not blown away by it but it'll grow on me as all their stuff does. 

Dublin, Leeds, Glasgow and Ally Pally in September according to 6music. I'm guessing it'll be arenas in Leeds and Glasgow this time around?

Do they hate the Midlands or something? They never seem to play there.

Ally Pally works for me.

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

x 2 for this. Brilliant