What would your entrance/walk on music be ?

Guest swede

one of the best songs EVER this song has only been played live a hand full of times by PJ .

the song was written by Andrew Wood who died hence making way for Eddie Vedder but Andrew wood was a great song writer imo so have a listen ..

i was lucky enough to catch it once so would be GREAT to see this happen .

This has to be one of the great openings but the trouble is that it's so good that it would be hard to follow, unless you were really good.

And there can't be many better finishes than this. Glenn Tilbrook and The Fluffers at Glastonbury in 2008. No way after this that you can do an encore.

Edited by grumpyhack

It's been confusing me that you'd all talking about this as if one band were coming on with another band's music playing

isn't that a bit odd? i've seen it happen now and then but wouldn't you want to announce yourself with your own funkiest intro?

Might be exposing myself as a old musical fuddyduddy but the using another person's music thing makes me think of the Enter Shikari end of who cares what we're playing it's fast and furious (dance bit) and shouty music

It all depends on what your band is. There's no point blasting out Welcome to the Jungle as an intro to your acoustic folk set. You also don't want to totally outdo yourself by playing something of the same genre that's way better than what you can do.

As my band would totally be the most awesome stoner rock band you've ever heard, I think a nice piece of chilled classical music, Faure's In Paradesiam, or some Monks chanting or some shit like that, to get the audience in the right headspace before I melted their brains with my slow building feedback drenched grooves