Headliner Rumour

Guest d.iain.s

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Fleetwood Mac makes no difference to me, didn't want to watch the shitters anyway, Take That, Dolly Parton, Fleetwood Mac, whoever takes a headline spot, the end result is no different to me (and that end result is not sitting at home on the couch, it's doing something elsewhere on Worthy Farm, because NFiR NFC!).

Elbow, AC/DC, Kanye, that seems a good run of headliners to me.

T In the Park are announcing something (probably headliner) tonight so we might also get a clue as to who's headlining Glastonbury (what with them usually sharing a headliner n'all)

it'll probably be Arctic Monkeys, in which case it gives us nothing, but you never know (unless the Glastonbury / T shared headliner is usually announced at a later date - never really keep track of these things)

T In the Park are announcing something (probably headliner) tonight so we might also get a clue as to who's headlining Glastonbury (what with them usually sharing a headliner n'all)

it'll probably be Arctic Monkeys, in which case it gives us nothing, but you never know (unless the Glastonbury / T shared headliner is usually announced at a later date - never really keep track of these things)

Would either party want it to be announced while Arctics still have tickets for their massive own shows on sale? I know the number of people willing to travel from one end of the country to the other to see them is limited but it would be odd to release them when there are two other headliners who wouldn't be in that situation.

Would either party want it to be announced while Arctics still have tickets for their massive own shows on sale? I know the number of people willing to travel from one end of the country to the other to see them is limited but it would be odd to release them when there are two other headliners who wouldn't be in that situation.

Justin Timberlake is playing the O2 Arena on June 10th and then doesn't have another show lined up (yet) until 12th July in America. could THIS be what Neil meant when he said he couldn't believe what he was hearing? probably not, but just thought i'd stick this here. no more outrageous than Beyonce headlining (in fact they're pretty much on the same level pop-star wise) so isn't a totally ridiculous thought. thought he would've been at T In the Park tbh

Hmmm, Neil's revelation regarding Kasabian and their 'homecoming' gig has got me thinking they might be turning up next year.

Assuming they can sell the alleged 50,000 tickets that are going on sale of course.

EDIT: Somebody on Twitter has said it's arranged for Glastonbury weekend. Oh Jesus. Then again, they were playing in this country on Glastonbury weekend 2013 too. Can't tell if this is good or bad now...

Edited by GlastoSimon

So Neil said a few days ago that he couldn't believe what he'd been hearing. And today Radiohead appear as an 'R.'

So Arcade Fire, Radiohead and Fleetwood Mac. There's 3 headliners to cheer everyone up!

1. don't get too excited about the RH rumour. It was added without my knowledge, and while I can see the justification for adding it I wouldn't have chosen to do so myself - at least not just yet.

2. if there's really any substance to the RH rumour, then it won't be those bands.