• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

In that case I have absolutely no idea what defines a closing act haha.

If other acts start/finish at the same time, they are simply headliners.

What's the point in defining them as something different when they're not? :S

Festivals like to finish with dance music nowadays for whatever reason and the 'closing set' serves as a way for a dance act that wouldn't be a 'headliner' close the night out.

It's never as simple as whoever plays last is the headliner - whoever the fests bills as the headliner, are. You can find fests right across Europe with a dance act as the last of the night after some massive stadium sized act that nobody would argue are the sub.

Because Rebel Sound are billed as headliners when they should really be a closing act.

Then Twin Atlantic would be NME headliner and that would be weaker.

On the subject of closing acts - Can't wait for Knife Party, especially looking forward to hearing this new collab with Tom Morello!

Yes yes yes, my most anticipated act of the whole weekend, and that song is so great, they've been hinting at a new EP announcement very soon and I'm hoping the new songs they've been dropping like the one you posed, as well as Parliament Funk and Plur Police are on it!

Yeah, the new songs sounds great. Although the clip on Youtube has Oliver Heldens 'Bunny Dance' at the start which I thought was actually the Plur Police intro.

Hopefully we get a studio version of at least one of the new songs before R&L.

Limp Bizkit - Knife Party is good, but not as good as Enter Shikari - Pendulum in 2010 :P

Both sound absolutely vomit-inducing to me

Fair enough aha each to their own I guess!

Limp Bizkit - Knife Party is good, but not as good as Enter Shikari - Pendulum in 2010 :P

That would have been unreal!

Do rebel sound just do like chase and status etc tracks or do they have collective tracks? I'm not really sure how they're an NME headliner straight away

I think they play a variety of C&S songs along with some others, I don't think they've done any real gigs before (I may be wrong) but they kind of seem like a glorified C&S sound system which to me is a little disappointing as an NME headliner considering we've already got Knife Party and deadmau5, not that at matters really since I'll be at Metallica.

Mastodon - The Cribs - At The Drive-In beats both of those

I think they play a variety of C&S songs along with some others, I don't think they've done any real gigs before (I may be wrong) but they kind of seem like a glorified C&S sound system which to me is a little disappointing as an NME headliner considering we've already got Knife Party and deadmau5, not that at matters really since I'll be at Metallica.

Didn't they do a show in London in October though? Edited by justanothername