Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Was watching Shut Up And Play The Hits on telly the other night, the title of said film is a quote from Win Butler, which he shouts at James Murphy while he's making some speech of appreciation, he'd never struck me as a man that shouts quips before watching that film.

watching this right now and just read that little fact on Wikipedia

as for Arcade Fire, up there with my most wanted headliners. far too excited for the new album and i'm really digging the new song (was quite disappointed at first but on repeated listens it's really grown on me)

Cheers DP and liking your avatar thingy.

No problem, and cheers! :D

Was watching Shut Up And Play The Hits on telly the other night, the title of said film is a quote from Win Butler, which he shouts at James Murphy while he's making some speech of appreciation, he'd never struck me as a man that shouts quips before watching that film.

I'd never really paid a lot of LCD Soundsystem until I watched that. Was really blown away, listened to all the albums the day after and Reflektor leaked that night. Quite fortunate that.

Apparently Reflektor is a double album. Exciting because that's even more Arcade Fire, but sort of worrying because double albums tend to be the ambitious record that falls short, suffering from too much filler. Surely that can't happen though...

Thought Biffy made a good effort at a double album. One out of the 20 songs I can't listen to over and over again.

I can't echo your sentiments about that particular album but yeah, some of my favourite albums have been double LP's like Mellon Collie, and the White Album. It's always a tricky one to pull off though for any band as people seem to remember the amount of bad songs on an album more than the amount of good ones.

Thought Biffy made a good effort at a double album. One out of the 20 songs I can't listen to over and over again.

I can't echo your sentiments about that particular album but yeah, some of my favourite albums have been double LP's like Mellon Collie, and the White Album. It's always a tricky one to pull off though for any band as people seem to remember the amount of bad songs on an album more than the amount of good ones.

Biffy's latest is a good album, I think - But in truth, they COULD have made one incredible single album out of it, rather than a double with a fair few weaker songs. It's a hard act to pull off, because even making a good single album is a difficult, esp. in todays market of "Pump out something with 4 singles on it, then we'll move on"

It might be a double album with considering the lead single is 7 minutes long then it might not mean that theres a load of shorter songs with filler but a few longer ones. I think biffys album was great but agree a few songs could be cut, but everyone seems to disagree which ones.

Either way I have faith in AF to put out a fantastic album, loving reflektor now after a couple of listens.

Well both videos are just brilliant :D The interactive one is great, such a good way to listen to a new single. Tried it with both Webcam/Mobile and Mouse and I think Mouse control works far better mind.

Track has got better in my mind really works somehow! I am quite looking forward to it being a double album. Hard to pull off but when you do I think it's great. (I really liked Opposites to, maybe it could have been a longer deluxe album rather than double as I'd have trouble shortening it below 15 tracks).

With the length of Reflecktor maybe Arcade Fire's could be a smaller number of tracks but they've put them on two "sides"? Like 7 tracks each?

My Body Is A Cage

Tunnels

Empty Room

Intervention

Power Out

Keep The Car Running

Rebellion

Mountains Beyond Mountains

Wake Up

And now Reflektor. These make for a seriously high quality top ten tracks.

Great to see them drift a little from the recent yelpyyelpyheyhey stuff ("We Used To Wait" - shit off) to this more groove based vibe. The Italo-house piano coda at the end is infectious. Bodes very well for the new record.

Is Murphy behind the whole thing? Mental to think he's moulding one of the biggest indie bands on the planet into his own little play thing. Theyve moved away from the anthemic U2-light vibe to this sleek and modern numbah. Kudos.

• Upvote 1

My Body Is A Cage

Tunnels

Empty Room

Intervention

Power Out

Keep The Car Running

Rebellion

Mountains Beyond Mountains

Wake Up

And now Reflektor. These make for a seriously high quality top ten tracks.

Great to see them drift a little from the recent yelpyyelpyheyhey stuff ("We Used To Wait" - shit off) to this more groove based vibe. The Italo-house piano coda at the end is infectious. Bodes very well for the new record.

Is Murphy behind the whole thing? Mental to think he's moulding one of the biggest indie bands on the planet into his own little play thing. Theyve moved away from the anthemic U2-light vibe to this sleek and modern numbah. Kudos.

good post that, I was convinced their next record would see them slip in to full blown U2/Coldplay anthem territory

oh you fuckers. I'd decided once and for all, that after years of trying, I'd given up on Arcade Fire and a post like that from Wooderson tied to this stuff about Murphy working with them has got me all like 'fair enough, ONE more chance'