Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Tried seetickets - sale went on at 9am, selected 2 tickets only to be told they were unavailable and then sold out at 9:01am. Managed to get them through ticketmaster in the end - Nottingham Royal Theatre. Tier 2 low numbers, never been to this venue so no idea if the tickets are any good or not. Hotel booked 100 yards down the road.

The Google stats show that his popularity exploded with hipsters just after Red Right Hand was used in Scream.

ha I just googled when that came out, 1996! fucking hell I feel old.

I dont think even last years gigs sold out this fast did they?

Though I have just looked at seatwave and there are literally hundreds of tickets on there.

Can't see stagger Lee being played if it is a stripped back set. I like the version of mercy seat on live at kcrw though

I'm worried he'll try and be clever and do some ballad arrangement of stagger lee that will be turd.

I hope it's not all ballads though. Though I do hope he does sad waters.

Lousy Love Letter seems almost certain. Fuck that song.

Knowing my luck I'll get rock of sodding gibraltar too

Hold up, so they added an Apollo date and that sold out too? Motherfucker.

My seat is shit. I might have to rectify this. However, first I'll need to earn some money as I am skint as bollocks now. Cheers, big guy.

I'm gonna keep my eye on gumtree and buy a hammersmith ticket off there. They are bound to come up over the coming months. Will wait til next year though.

Does that mean it'll be three a month?

Seems a strange choice the ones he's announced so far. Boatman's Call would be amazing.

Boatman's call is the one I'd be holding out for (skint at the minute) although, honestly, Nocturama is quite tempting too

The only albums of his I don't own in any format are dig lazarus and firstborn is dead so for that reason alone was gonna get firstborn.

Although can see sad waters and the carny sounding awesome on vinyl.

fair dos. Seems a waste to get dig in that format before pretty much any other cave album though. If I were you I'd buy a second hand CD of it and save the vinyl £££ for a better album.

dig is my least favourite by far