Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Yeah, I think that was Warren's house. No idea where he lived, though.

I'm not sure of any particular bits that surprised me, just that the whole thing felt quite intimate and even self-indulgent in a way, which I tend not to think of as a way that he presents himself. I don't know, he seemed to talk quite a lot about his vulnerabilities and shortcomings as a performer and I'm not used to seeing him open up to people. He's usually a fucking prickly pear.

I agree it could have done with more old footage and I too was surprised about the Kylie omission. I sort of thought that was the point of that gig.

This is the DVD I'm on about:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/God-Is-The-House-DVD/dp/B0000A08NM

It's much more straightforward recording and concert footage and well beautiful, but then it's one of my favourite albums so...

It was interesting to see just how much the band appears to be the nick and warren show. It implied to me that the rest of the band has no input at all other than playing the songs.

Why did his wife refuse to show her face too!

I think I need to see it again in comfort, sitting on that floor really was no fun at all..

We need to pray that koko gig is released, the footage was really good.

Ah yeh I do have that dvd, it's well ace. The one with oh my lord on!

It was interesting to see just how much the band appears to be the nick and warren show. It implied to me that the rest of the band has no input at all other than playing the songs.

Why did his wife refuse to show her face too!

I think I need to see it again in comfort, sitting on that floor really was no fun at all..

We need to pray that koko gig is released, the footage was really good.

Ah yeh I do have that dvd, it's well ace. The one with oh my lord on!

YES! That version of "Oh My Lord" is to die for.

I totally agree about the Nick and Warren show thing. I think it must be a little frustrating for the others at times and I kind of suspect that's why Mick left.

I agree - by the end I was finding it hard to concentrate because I was cold and wishing I'd brought a cushion too much.

Weird about Susie - he said she doesn't like being photographed but she's a fucking model! That's her job, no?

Yeah, it would be a massive waste not to release the Koko gig footage. And no that girl wasn't me! I wish. I was much further back. It was bloody cold that day and we did a bit of pre-loading. Okay, a lot. Anyway, I reckon the directors just wanted this film done first and then they'll release it. They have to - it would be a terrible waste not to!

YES! That version of "Oh My Lord" is to die for.

I totally agree about the Nick and Warren show thing. I think it must be a little frustrating for the others at times and I kind of suspect that's why Mick left.

I agree - by the end I was finding it hard to concentrate because I was cold and wishing I'd brought a cushion too much.

Weird about Susie - he said she doesn't like being photographed but she's a fucking model! That's her job, no?

Yeah, it would be a massive waste not to release the Koko gig footage. And no that girl wasn't me! I wish. I was much further back. It was bloody cold that day and we did a bit of pre-loading. Okay, a lot. Anyway, I reckon the directors just wanted this film done first and then they'll release it. They have to - it would be a terrible waste not to!

Well I just looked at the writing credits for the old albums and it was (almost) exclusively just nick cave back then so I guess the band have never been involved in the writing at all.

Some people had pillows, sleeping backs and those roll mat things! Maybe a bit extreme....

That reminds me, did you here some c**ts STILL sniggering at the hannah montana line in higgs?? makes my blood boil!

yeh I was quite smashed at the koko gig myself, I cant really remember seeing any camera men actually on the stage though, can you? though I wasnt really looking out for them

Well I just looked at the writing credits for the old albums and it was (almost) exclusively just nick cave back then so I guess the band have never been involved in the writing at all.

Some people had pillows, sleeping backs and those roll mat things! Maybe a bit extreme....

That reminds me, did you here some c**ts STILL sniggering at the hannah montana line in higgs?? makes my blood boil!

yeh I was quite smashed at the koko gig myself, I cant really remember seeing any camera men actually on the stage though, can you? though I wasnt really looking out for them

Haha, yes I did hear those c**ts sniggering at the Hannah Montana line! And I thought of you.

There were some genuine laugh-out-loud moments though; that just wasn't one of them. I loved the bit when Nick was lecturing on the Birthday Party German person pissing photos, for example.

Nah, I don't remember any cameras but I was drunk and very over-excited. That whole run of gigs last year was divine.

Right, I've had a cursory flick through a couple of boxes of CDs and found the following:

Kicking against the Pricks

Nocturama

Murder Ballads

Abattoir Blues/lyre of Orpheus (this one looks like a hooky Russian copy)

The Boatmans Call

No more shall we part (with a cardboard overlay sleeve thing)

The best of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

And the Ass saw the Angel (Readings and Music)

Nothing very exciting there, but if anyone is new to him, or missing something from their collection and fancies any of them, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

2 tickets available for 20000 days on earth at Bradford National Media Museum, on Wednesday 17th.

It looks like I won't be going to see this, as something else has cropped up, so I have 2 tickets available to be picked up at the desk if anyone wants them. They are free from me, but a donation to a charity would be appreciated. They were bought as a disabled and 1 carer ticket, but there are no reserved seats as such so they can be transferred, as I asked.

Right guys, I'm going to see the film tomorrow, and I'm a little confused. The film seems to be different lengths at different cinemas. For instance, it's showing at two different cinemas in Sheffield, with one saying it's 175 minutes, and the other saying 135 minutes. The 175 minute one is sold out, so it looks like I'll have to go for the 135 minutes one. Does anybody know the reason for this time difference (ie. is there something extra added on to the longer one), or do you think it's something as simple as one of them including the adverts/trailers in the film time? I wouldn't have thought there'd be different versions showing at different cinemas.

Thanks in advance :)

Anyone know if this Q&A thing is going to be available to watch anywhere after the fact? I would love to see it but I'm in bloody Australia, g'day mate etc.

Went to the Cherry Bar in Melbourne last night (partly on SuperScally's recommendation - cheers dude) and they played "Nick the Stripper" followed by "Red Right Hand". It was well good.

I doubt it. They showed some deleted scenes, and one of them was touted as "will never be seen after tonight." The others will be on the dvd extras but doubt the ret of the q and a or the performances will be.

Ah, well. There was literally nothing I could do about it, so I suppose I'll live with it.

Just really hoping they put more of the Koko gig on the DVD extras. Such a waste not to.

I doubt it. They showed some deleted scenes, and one of them was touted as "will never be seen after tonight." The others will be on the dvd extras but doubt the ret of the q and a or the performances will be.

Ah, well. There was literally nothing I could do about it, so I suppose I'll live with it.

Just really hoping they put more of the Koko gig on the DVD extras. Such a waste not to.