Nick Cave

Midnight Man

I went to a screening at my local vue cinema and thought the film was fantastic was not to heavily 'arty' and really enjoyed the intimate moments during the recording of the album could have happily watched more of that. A very interesting insight in to Nick cave and left me wondering how much was true and how much was fictionalised impressed that he managed to keep his mystic.

As for the Q & A after the show this was the most awkward I have ever felt in a cinema, Edith Bowman is such an awful interviewer. Nick Cave does not really interview and defiantly did not hide the fact that he was not into it.

The two film makers seemed a bit out there depth as well during the Q & A and the answers to there questions got awkward laughs from the cinema I viewed the film in. Ray Winston showing up to bring it all a bit down to earth defiantly helped the mood. would have been happy if the skipped the Q & A and we just got to see the live performance, Nick Cave defiantly felt more at comfortable at the piano rather than on the interview couch.

The movie though a defiante must see for any Nick Cave fan.

Edited by Tdiz

• 2 weeks later...

Course it is! Some belters on there.

I never gave it a chance before due to my strict stance on covers being shit. I was a fool.

I prefer Nick and the gang's All Tomorrow's Parties to Velvets/Nico's original.

It is good indeed. I am even enjoying his Hey Joe. Hendrix version wins that one though.

The cheesey jimmy webb one is my fave though. I'd love to be able to croon like that.

Glasgow tickets on see only option is 66 quid at minute. That can't be right surely?

Theatre gigs are always more expensive aren't they?

Personally, I think after missing out on all the shows in 2013, I could convince myself to go see a Bad Seeds gig at an awkward location for an inflated price but not a stripped back 'solo' show really.

Pull yourself together, man. He'll do rarities.

Although, yeah, feeling the pinch. Where are people finding ticket prices?

nothing on seetickets for the london one, surprise surprise. We are going to get robbed. I reckon £75 for the cheapest seats. I saw macca there in a dogshit seat and it cost £105!

This+war on drugs tickets+glastonbury all in a week. Fucking hell.

nothing on seetickets for the london one, surprise surprise. We are going to get robbed. I reckon £75 for the cheapest seats. I saw macca there in a dogshit seat and it cost £105!

This+war on drugs tickets+glastonbury all in a week. Fucking hell.

£75?! Can I justify it? Sort of glad I missed out on Holy Bible tickets now (still going, will sort later :P) as couldn't have taken that hit too.

£75?! Can I justify it? Sort of glad I missed out on Holy Bible tickets now (still going, will sort later :P) as couldn't have taken that hit too.

I'm only guessing at £75. But if they are charging the paupers of scotland £66 they are going to rape the bourgeoisie of london.

I wonder if they'll have a standing bit or make it all seating. Probs all seats I guess. Sunday night too. Shite.

I'm only guessing at £75. But if they are charging the paupers of scotland £66 they are going to rape the bourgeoisie of london.

I wonder if they'll have a standing bit or make it all seating. Probs all seats I guess. Sunday night too. Shite.

Yeah, realise you were guessing. But I think you could be right. Not that I haven't paid that for Cave before, but was feeling flush - and reckless - then. Not so now.

I'll be in though, just wish they let you knew in advance.