Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Yeah, realise you were guessing. But I think you could be right. Not that I haven't paid that for Cave before, but was feeling flush - and reckless - then. Not so now.

I'll be in though, just wish they let you knew in advance.

You just know there will be 2 nights there too, and we'll end up spending close to the price of a glastonbury ticket on 2 gigs!

Personally, I think after missing out on all the shows in 2013, I could convince myself to go see a Bad Seeds gig at an awkward location for an inflated price but not a stripped back 'solo' show really.

That's pretty much my thoughts, if he'd announced Manchester, or even somewhere like Liverpool or Leeds, even Blackpool, I would probably have bit the bullet and paid the wedge, but when there's a hotel to factor in, there's a limit.

Can I ask for some advice from the 'Londoners' or/and those who have been to Albert Hall on here please?

I was lucky enough to go to the recent screening and live performance at the Barbican and loved it. However, I left with a tinge of sadness that it will be a long, long time before another live gig comes along.

Then ..... Today along comes Nick back again. Also War on Drugs (although travelling to Bristol in Nov as couldn't get tickets closer to home but should be well worth the journey as even though I've seen them at a couple of festivals this Summer I want to go for the pleasure of a full set, so I can now go closer to home in Nottingham as well).

So my questions are about Albert Hall. I have always wanted to go to this venue and this seems the perfect opportunity. Had a look at the seating plan and are the best ones in the stalls/arena but will they be mega expensive? Are we talking £100s? Also what is the best place to book tickets on line - through Albert Hall or ticket agency?

What with Glastonbury tickets on Sunday (if I'm lucky) are gigs like buses - nothing happens and 3 come along at once?

Many thanks

The limit is £200. You must go.

Hmm, that's a big limit, you have to realise that outside of London you can buy loads of stuff for £200. Although if one of my friends decides they're well up for travelling then I'll most likely be persuaded, but I don't think anybody I know is that enthusiastic.

Onthebeach - the Albert Hall isn't all that special in my opinion. It's nice and all but definitely not my favourite venue. Anyway, prices depend on the artist I'd say. I've never paid more than around £40-50 for stalls standing tickets and for proms obviously you can go for a fiver!

Not that helpful, sorry.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the Albert Hall, it's alright, and there's a nice sense of occasion there, but as a venue, it always feels really impersonal there. I've seen some great acts there, Cowboy Junkies, Johnny Cash, Spiritualized etc, but none of them are in my favourite ever gigs, and I think that's mainly down to the venue

ah, he's playing Moscow on that tour too. Tickets on sale Friday (but it won't sell out here for ages and ages)

Last time I saw him Moscow, at Operetta, we bribed someone working there to let us in to the deserted top floor, next to the spotlights etc. Shit view but fantastic experience

I'm only guessing at £75. But if they are charging the paupers of scotland £66 they are going to rape the bourgeoisie of london.

I wonder if they'll have a standing bit or make it all seating. Probs all seats I guess. Sunday night too. Shite.

Ticketmaster says £44-£75 so that was a pretty good guess.

Nowt from his mailing list.

Are you Glasgow based, gonzo? Could do with some recommendations of places to stay near the venue if we get tickets.

Edinburgh now, but I'm from the West Coast originally.

I usually stay at this place when i'm staying through for gigs:

http://www.brunswickhotel.co.uk/

Reminds me that I need to book up for Belle & Sebastian.

£35-£65 for Gateshead Sage. http://www.sagegateshead.com/event/nick-cave/

Doesn't look like there is standing and i don't fancy seating as i'll be going alone. Shame :(

going to gigs alone is great.You can really get into it without some annoying harpy in your ear constantly asking for another drink and needing a piss

*stares at gf*

Just had a mild panic - thought tickets went on sale at 10am on Friday but it's CET not GMT according to that email. So that's 9am GMT, yes? Yes?

That's actually better for me, since I don't officially start work until 9.30, but means getting in stupid early.

Glasto ticket done, this is my next project...