Nick Cave

Midnight Man

• 3 weeks later...

saw his 2013 glasto set (no i wasnt waiting for mumford) & wasnt really impressed. this thread made me try a few songs on youtube since & still dont get it. pretty boring IMO

that said there seems to be loads of closet take that fans these days, what do i know

damn that 2013 was one of my all time best glastonbury gigs. funny how people can have such different views.

I know a few people that dont like him at all though, his voice isnt for everyone. I'm guessing you youtubed more of his ballad-y songs rather than his livelier stuff if you found him boring. I can see how the latest album can be called boring too in fairness.

damn that 2013 was one of my all time best glastonbury gigs. funny how people can have such different views.

I know a few people that dont like him at all though, his voice isnt for everyone. I'm guessing you youtubed more of his ballad-y songs rather than his livelier stuff if you found him boring. I can see how the latest album can be called boring too in fairness.

the only tune i remember off the top of my head is Jubilee street, from Glasto. the youtube ones i couldnt tell ya, theres been a few attempts, pure random click a vid

i dont really have a favourite glasto gig. i dont have a fantastic record of seeing main stage stuff

2011- Queens of the stoneage, last band on sunday, i felt i should see something

2013, Nick cave, Bit of the stones, Elvis Costello (although i was asleep for half of it)

2014, Dolly, Manics & the wailors

Just your average Wednesday then...

I'd love to hear sad waters live

So would I OJL, as Russy had pointed out the link has changed. I posted it without checking! I have checked it now and it looks more correct. Still a great set though. :)

If you think that Wednesday was an average one, I'd best not tell you about my Friday... I certainly better not tell Zoo Music Girl ;)

So would I OJL, as Russy had pointed out the link has changed. I posted it without checking! I have checked it now and it looks more correct. Still a great set though. :)

If you think that Wednesday was an average one, I'd best not tell you about my Friday... I certainly better not tell Zoo Music Girl ;)

so were all the songs done as piano ballad arrangements?

It sort of alternated between Nick on the piano solo, though him on the piano with varying degrees of band intervention. From Her To Eternity was fairly meaty, Red Right Hand, Jack the Ripper, Lyre of Orpheus, Up Jumped the Devil and Jubilee Street slightly stripped back (apart from the very end of JS), but the rest were either rightfully low key or pretty novel solo versions. Mercy Seat was one of those wonderful ones. Best version I've heard.

• 3 weeks later...