Skrillex playing Glastonbury

Guest chubbyhamster61

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody bigging up skrilldawg here needs to listen to some oldskool dubstep before it was ruined by unsubtle morons like him (don't wanna sound like a music snob here, but i am really so i can't help it)

suggestions (if you're interested): pinch, kode9, mala + coki (dmz), shackleton, cyrus, burial etc

[quote name="rawaudioinput" post="4065066" timestamp="1371296278".

To be honest I think people are getting a little bored of wubbyness; I think with the breakthrough of Disclosure, the success of Rudimental and singles by Duke Dumont and Chris Malinchak there appears to be a notable shift towards ambience and melody which I think is a great thing as it means producers have to work harder in making hooks and better written songs.

Edited by daclown28

I really like Kode9, Burial, Horsepower Productions, Joy Orbison, Breakage, etc. but I also really enjoy stuff like Skrillex, Nero and Knife Party (but I draw the line at Modestep.)

They're wholly different beasts, and it's not like music like Kode9 isn't being made any more so I don't really see a problem.

To be honest I think people are getting a little bored of wubbyness; I think with the breakthrough of Disclosure, the success of Rudimental and singles by Duke Dumont and Chris Malinchak there appears to be a notable shift towards ambience and melody which I think is a great thing as it means producers have to work harder in making hooks and better written songs.

• 8 months later...