Skrillex playing Glastonbury

Guest chubbyhamster61

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As he isn't supposed to be announced a surprise set by him would be fine somewhere like the Gully but now there seems to be a leak on it I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Arcadia (which I think would suit his music) which will be able to handle a much bigger crowd.

I wouldn't say he was shit, just has a genre of music that is very extreme and it is obvious why loads hate it but at the right moment in the right mood is liked by many.

And for those who don't like his hair, this will make you laugh... http://www.3news.co.nz/Skrillexs-hair-catches-fire-at-birthday-party/tabid/418/articleID/283516/Default.aspx

anybody bigging up skrilldawg here needs to listen to some oldskool dubstep before it was ruined by unsubtle morons like him (don't wanna sound like a music snob here, but i am really so i can't help it)

suggestions (if you're interested): pinch, kode9, mala + coki (dmz), shackleton, cyrus, burial etc

I hate to be "that guy" who defends Skrillex despite not enjoying his music, but I think the man should be given some credit, regardless of what he makes. Attacking his music as it doesn't suit your tastes is to be expected nowadays, but Sonny the person knows his stuff. He's a big fan of the EDM scene, citing Aphex Twin's 'Flim' as one his favourite songs, and seems more like an excited fan of the genre in interviews as opposed to the huge egos you see in the scene at the moment (*cough* Deadmau5 *cough*). Also, if you look at his live show, he really puts effort into it. I wouldn't particularly enjoy going to one of his shows due to me not being a fan of his sound, but that whole idea he had with the motion tracking suit is genius. It makes sure that he puts 110% in for every show so that projections/images people see (now a major part of the EDM live performance) keep the crowd excited.

For anyone with nothing to do when he's playing and with an urge to party, I am sure that Skrillex will not disappoint. If not, then Dog Blood should not be missed. The production seems to be 80% in control of Boys Noize anyway, and the results are very impressive for anyone into that sort of music.

My mate makes music on his laptop that - to my ears - is indistinguishable from skrillex's

Also, I was first aware of him when he was an angry little virgin in From First to Last, which doesn't make it any easier to take him seriously. I wonder how many of his current fans are aware of his earlier output...

I would probably argue that his live shows success is almost 75% down to the lighting tech, what he actually does on stage is about as basic as it comes and his music can be described favourably as 'base level' he makes music with no musicality which is more about continued 'pay off' than it is about being musically sound.

I can appreciate why people enjoy it because its daft fun but as an artist or a live act he is utterly dreadful. I have listened to some of the Dog Blood stuff and to my ears that sounds pretty poor as well, Boys Noize has been tending to tailor his productions to the American EDM market which is a pretty bad thing because that particular scene is awash with shit music but I guess you can't hate an artist like Boys Noize or Skrillex for making money and pleasing an awful lot of people at the same time.