The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

1 hour ago, radioahed said:

Thanks for putting me onto these. Just got them in the post and fit great. Just need bit of walking in.  Also great service from the website to turn up within 24 hours. 

And @The Red Telephone

Are those regatta boots good for wide feet? We are talking penguin feet here, with a really high instep. Basically the worst possible shape for buying shoes online without trying them on. 

For that reduction I really want to get them, but I get such a shoe fear when buying online. 

14 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not sure what your occupation is, but do know that if the arse falls out of that industry, then I'm sure you'd be very welcome in the farming community. Who needs a mechanical seed driller, when you are around?

Hahahaha!

Perhaps I could go by the moniker of the Pilton Diggler!?

:D

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Think I got the last one from Amazon, doesn't say it's in stock anymore. 

http://amzn.eu/4Sx83VF

Cheers for the link. I'll keep a look out. I quite fancy wiring up a string of individually addressable LEDs. Have this idea of making myself some type of iridescent jellyfish outfit. 

2 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Hahahaha!

Perhaps I could go by the moniker of the Pilton Diggler!?

:D

I've just had to look up Diggler to see where you were coming from - such is my chaste existence! You do know that you've got competition, quite literally in the field, don't you. Goes by the name Donkey Kong. He leaves a deep furrow wherever he strides too.

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just had to look up Diggler to see where you were coming from - such is my chaste existence! You do know that you've got competition, quite literally in the field, don't you. Goes by the name Donkey Kong. He leaves a deep furrow wherever he strides too.

Well maybe but, has his got lights on it??

:D:D

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Colour changing hats is where it's at. Just found a bargain LED controller which should change the light rhythm in time with the music. 

How do you power your controller as it needs a 12v power supply ? Are going to walk about with a 12v battery on your head ?  just curious :D

7 minutes ago, Wakan Tanka said:

How do you power your controller as it needs a 12v power supply ? Are going to walk about with a 12v battery on your head ?  just curious :D

Battery pack in my bag, hoping I'm going to have enough juice but will be testing it fully first.

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Battery pack in my bag, hoping I'm going to have enough juice but will be testing it fully first.

Battery pack as in like an Anker ? Didn't realize you could get 12v Battery Packs apart from the little leisure batteries you get , unless thats what you mean ?

Edited by Wakan Tanka

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/goal-zero-lighthouse-micro-usb-rechargeable-lantern-p402760?gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezRtN8lj-3vn2UvekPo7RLOAHBi3q98nVUp2mFZ-zOT9GgICp_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

For anyone after a tent or campsite light, these are great. Maybe not super cheap but they are really small, give of a nice bright but warm glow and the battery lasts ages on half power setting which is more than enough inside your tent. They also charge from a usb without a seperate cable and are pretty weatherproof - I dropped mine in a river when I went camping at Easter and it still works fine!

All I need to decide for Glastonbury is which of the fresh & black tents I want to buy, I went to decathlon and I really fancy the inflatable one which is a bit pricey but seems such a great design and i seem to fit in it better than the pop-up one. However I am slightly worried it would only take one idiot to pierce the inflatable part at the festival and thats my fairly expensive tent and festival sleepijng quarters ruined! 

So I just got two pairs of Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch trousers from the below link in 30W 30L, and they fit like an absolute dream.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Craghoppers_Mens_Kiwi_Pro_Stretch_Trousers_Regular_Leg/?SelectedItem=686073

Water repellent (tested under tap), really lightweight, all pockets are zipped, even a microfiber clothe attached by a bit of elastic inside the left pocket which I suppose could be useful for people with glasses or cameras.

Definitely recommended especially if you want a less baggier fit, can't wait to test them at glasto.

11 hours ago, GT3 said:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/goal-zero-lighthouse-micro-usb-rechargeable-lantern-p402760?gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezRtN8lj-3vn2UvekPo7RLOAHBi3q98nVUp2mFZ-zOT9GgICp_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

For anyone after a tent or campsite light, these are great. Maybe not super cheap but they are really small, give of a nice bright but warm glow and the battery lasts ages on half power setting which is more than enough inside your tent. They also charge from a usb without a seperate cable and are pretty weatherproof - I dropped mine in a river when I went camping at Easter and it still works fine!

All I need to decide for Glastonbury is which of the fresh & black tents I want to buy, I went to decathlon and I really fancy the inflatable one which is a bit pricey but seems such a great design and i seem to fit in it better than the pop-up one. However I am slightly worried it would only take one idiot to pierce the inflatable part at the festival and thats my fairly expensive tent and festival sleepijng quarters ruined! 

There's a third option for the fresh and black tents. You can get a more conventional tent with poles and its also the cheapest of the styles 

For those wanting an airbed - millets have them on offer at the moment (might have already been shared, I'm being lazy by not looking in the thread)

https://www.milletsports.co.uk/outdoor/equipment/air-beds/?awc=5803_1494410130_7749161d55d461c186adbb9ac8440729&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=Communities+%26+UGC&utm_campaign=HotUKDeals

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, alien said:

So I just got two pairs of Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch trousers from the below link in 30W 30L, and they fit like an absolute dream.

http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Craghoppers_Mens_Kiwi_Pro_Stretch_Trousers_Regular_Leg/?SelectedItem=686073

Water repellent (tested under tap), really lightweight, all pockets are zipped, even a microfiber clothe attached by a bit of elastic inside the left pocket which I suppose could be useful for people with glasses or cameras.

Definitely recommended especially if you want a less baggier fit, can't wait to test them at glasto.

Cheers for this.

I might not even use them at Glasto, but i have been looking for a pair of walking trousers so will give them a go. I know this is a silly question but would you say your W30 are a smaller/average/larger 30 than other retailers? I find that I can fit into 32s from most shops but every now and then I'll try a 32 on and they will be stupidly tight (often making me think ive put a ton of weight on all of a sudden). I do however think that it is the thigh area that gets me with those that are too tight. I have quite big legs, so much so that I can never fit into skinny jeans, so will always go for slim fit.

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Cheers for this.

I might not even use them at Glasto, but i have been looking for a pair of walking trousers so will give them a go. I know this is a silly question but would you say your W30 are a smaller/average/larger 30 than other retailers? I find that I can fit into 32s from most shops but every now and then I'll try a 32 on and they will be stupidly tight (often making me think ive put a ton of weight on all of a sudden). I do however think that it is the thigh area that gets me with those that are too tight. I have quite big legs, so much so that I can never fit into skinny jeans, so will always go for slim fit.

Not a silly question at all, I'm so over the moon with these because they actually fit me whilst most jeans/trousers do not.

I'm wearing the 30" waist, but measuring around my waist with these trousers on it comes to 31" (I must've put on weight myself). They have a lot of give though without ever being loose, so the 30" could even fit a petite 32". I'd guess wearing the 32" trousers would be perfect for a 33" waist. They have a decent amount of stretch all over, the material itself is quite stretchy and the waist is elasticated on both sides. For me the most essential part is that they sit on the waist above the hips, rather than below the waist on the hips.

These certainly aren't skinny jeans and are closer to a slim fit. The thigh tapers down to just above the knee where they are slimmest, and then below the knee they are just a slim leg straight down. They're really well shaped for being active and I wouldn't describe any area of these trousers as tight fitting.

I'd say go for the 32", and if they don't fit I think its about a £3 return postage charge?

54 minutes ago, alien said:

Not a silly question at all, I'm so over the moon with these because they actually fit me whilst most jeans/trousers do not.

I'm wearing the 30" waist, but measuring around my waist with these trousers on it comes to 31" (I must've put on weight myself). They have a lot of give though without ever being loose, so the 30" could even fit a petite 32". I'd guess wearing the 32" trousers would be perfect for a 33" waist. They have a decent amount of stretch all over, the material itself is quite stretchy and the waist is elasticated on both sides. For me the most essential part is that they sit on the waist above the hips, rather than below the waist on the hips.

These certainly aren't skinny jeans and are closer to a slim fit. The thigh tapers down to just above the knee where they are slimmest, and then below the knee they are just a slim leg straight down. They're really well shaped for being active and I wouldn't describe any area of these trousers as tight fitting.

I'd say go for the 32", and if they don't fit I think its about a £3 return postage charge?

Nice one, thats the perfect response to convince me. You should apply for a job as their salesman :D

This thread is becoming a nightmare for my wallet.

Might seem an odd suggestion when people are talking clothes.  But I can't recommend highly enough a box or two of Chocolate Brownie Mini Bites from ASDA.  They take the taste of the night before away like nothing else and are a good start with a cup of coffee.

5051413846315_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Nice one, thats the perfect response to convince me. You should apply for a job as their salesman :D

This thread is becoming a nightmare for my wallet.

ahaha cheers, I've been selling a lot on ebay to afford this glasto and I think I've got pretty good at typing up descriptions.

Let me know how they are

Right, so my light up hoodie has arrived. Glad I didn't go a size bigger as advised, as the Medium is large enough on me! It works - the only thing is, I have to hold the power button on for the lights to stay on. There's no instructions. Is anyone else's doing the same? Or have I got a dodgy one?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Right, so my light up hoodie has arrived. Glad I didn't go a size bigger as advised, as the Medium is large enough on me! It works - the only thing is, I have to hold the power button on for the lights to stay on. There's no instructions. Is anyone else's doing the same? Or have I got a dodgy one?

Yeah mine has come today as. Strangely I'm actually glad I went for the size up (I'm somewhere in between so it's not that big of a change). Mine is baggier though, which I don't actually mind. So basicallly it is normal sizing everyone! And definitely adult. 

As for the the power button duke, mine doesn't need to be held down. It has three settings that you can click through with each press - always on, slow flash, fast flash.

for effectively a tenner I think it's awesome

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

There's a third option for the fresh and black tents. You can get a more conventional tent with poles and its also the cheapest of the styles 

Yes, unfortunately this is the smallest lengthwise, and I don't fit :(