Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

He didn't sound very well to me.

My wife and I thought the same- I said I couldn't believe how different he was compared to the excellence of his Sunday set at Glastonbury in 2010.

I didn't see all of the show- stayed up until about 12.30- thought Charlie Wilson was excellent, Proclaimers great as always, Lumineers, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed Rudimental and John Newman. Also Dawn Penn (I think that was her name) was good too

My wife and I thought the same- I said I couldn't believe how different he was compared to the excellence of his Sunday set at Glastonbury in 2010.

I didn't see all of the show- stayed up until about 12.30- thought Charlie Wilson was excellent, Proclaimers great as always, Lumineers, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed Rudimental and John Newman. Also Dawn Penn (I think that was her name) was good too

Now there's a point: what are the chance of them being at Glastonbury? Would certainly be one hell of a sing-along.

Yes i liked Dawn Penn and the fellas from madness, love that kind of Ska sound.

I thought it was the fella from Madness (Lee Thompson) and the Mrs said they were from Squeeze (Phil Veacock & Derek Nash)? Were they both from Madness?

Edited by 5co77ie

The Gap Band would be a fantastic West Holts knees up - didn't they do 'I found Love' as well (aaay oooh, I found love) or was that someone else?

Mmm, not sure on the " i found love", looking it up, i think that was the Fatback band.

Other Gap band songs

Ooops up side ya head

Outstanding

Big Fun

All of my Love

Going in circles

Beep a freak

these seem to be the bigger hits Uk and Stateside.

• 3 months later...

How were Eagulls anyone?

Probably the best of the lot last night -hopefully there'll be a little slot on the JP for them, big glasto shaped hole in their tour schedule ready. Thought Elbow sounded a little weak, hope they liven it up a bit for Glasto.

Edited by bsolxiv
  • Downvote 1