Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's Later was one of the best for a while.

Even Stereophonics seemed to have grown a pair.

Enjoyed Lee Thomo's Ska Orchestra; have seen them live and they are ace and would make a welcome addition to the bill.

Enjoyed Low, John Grant and even the Lebanese girl was good.

Shame that NONE of these acts are at Glasto !

• 7 months later...

Enjoyed most of Hootenanny last night(apart from when Rudimental were on).

My main thoughts Glasto wise thought were centered around Charlie Wilson. How good would a mass row* in West Holts to Oops Upside Your Head be?

*For our younger viewers, that's row as in rowing boat rather than row as in Eastenders.

Saw Jools on New years eve. A lot of poeple complaining about the class of acts that appeared, but i rather enjoyed it, not blown away but ok. I enjoyed the fella from the Gap band ( Mr Wilson) , he would be a great addition on the West Holts, i remember "oops up side ya head" and " Outstanding" from back in the day and he has a great voice. Though Rudamental were good, and blimey hasn't Emily Sande lost a lot of weight! I though there were too many acts with Jools'd band and not enough other acts on there own though. Lisa Stansfield and Melenie C FFS! Lisa Stansfield was outsung by her backing singer :). Ray Davies should retire, he looked like a extra on the Trilller video. Haim were average although i enjoyed watching the base guitarists gurning again, and the guitar bit at the end was good.

It seems to me that the budget was obviously cut this year, but they can still through a good shin dig. For what it was, and i'm not a massage New years eve fan, it was ok.

I thought that too of 'Ooops Upside Your Head' geezer, and lines of people in the mud 'rowing' at West Holts would be hilarious.

It's a fact of life that the Rhythm& Blues Orchestra are going to feature the singers that appear with Jools on tour like Mel C,Stansfield, and Ruby Turner - least we didn't have to suffer the Murs, and John Newman is sure to be their new addition next summer (perhaps replacing Marc Almond? - I thought they sound similar)

Edited by 5co77ie