Hyde Park 2013

Guest mahoneypepe

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with Hackney Marshes, as the residents wouldn't have the lawyers etc to go to and could maybe even be mostly brought off with locals tickets. (But it is fairly built up around there)

Is there not a plan for an open air concert area in the Olympic Park to? (I am sure I saw that, would make sense as it would free the stadium up for Athletics in the summer).

Other than you've got Clapham Common which has SouthWest4 ...Victoria Park (Although I can't remember if that's owned by the City or Royal Parks, so might have a similar problem.)

I don't think any of the other places that would be london proper have a big enough space really.

In fairness, they can just call it 'Hyde Park Live' or something & have 6 completely different headliners with no set genre. Bit like Eden Sessions but on a bigger scale?

Olympic Park is a good shout, although when I went there I got the impression that the 'vast amounts of green, open space' weren't suitable for live events. Too much uneven land/vegetation, rivers etc. around. I didn't walk round the whole thing, admittedly.

Possible - tho does anyone know if they're actually bidding?

I think the problem for the Royal Parks is that without Live Nation as one of the companies tendering for the contract, they'll consider the tendering process to be flawed and won't give them a good return - especially now it's now known publicly that Live Nation aren't (currently) in the mix. It'll encourage anyone else that might be interested to submit very low speculative bids in the hope of picking up a bargain.

So my view stays where it is, that LN are playing a game of chicken with the Royal Parks, in the hope that the tendering process will get amended into something more to their liking. If it does get amended that'll benefit both Live Nation and Royal Parks.

Think you guys maybe over analysed this one.

I got it wrong, but I'm pretty sure I was right about there being a motive behind the statements they were putting out. It was what the motive was that I got wrong.

By the way if you were selling your company would that make you not bother to tender ? I would of thought you would definitely tender to make a sale more attractive if you were successful !

Scott works for efestivals, but the opinions here posts here are his own (just as mine are my own).

I hadn't realised he'd posted this but he'd said similar to me directly, and I told him it wouldn't work that way.

• 1 month later...

While there are alternative London locations they definitely don't suit as well as Hyde Park - they're less well served with both parking and public transport options (including linking into the mainline train services out of London), as well as being less appealing places for the more genteel audiences that the big London events typically attract.