Hyde Park 2013

Guest mahoneypepe

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hydeparkevent.com/

Hyde Park event on the last week of june and first of july. Bon Jovi already confirmed that they will play in London on July 5. As they are an AEG band I'd say they're definitily playing hyde park event.

I can see all those bands either in Hyde Park or in the Olympic Stadium. Let me just add Aerosmith there. They still need a lot of headliners, only Hyde Park Event alone is supposed to have 6 days.

Edited by roadrunner66

There was a (small) bandstand outside, so it is possible that they could expand that a bit and have a second stage outside if there were going down the 'festival' route. I'm not sure what sound leakage would be like though.

The good thing about that stadium is there aren't any actual turnstile to faff about with, so if they had a similar set up to the Olympics it would be perfectly possible to have stages outside the stadium too I would guess.

I thought they would end up doing something there! It's the only other space in london that's really large enough to host something like that. (As i presume they are not going start renting out other Royal Parks to Live Nation having given Hyde Park to a rival :P)

The actual quote on the efestivals story (http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130103a.shtml) is interesting :

"The exciting thing for us is that we have the opportunity to put on some major events in the park - some music events and festivals and an anniversary weekend on 27 and 28 July. We hope to announce the content in the coming weeks"

That to me sounds like at least some of it will be around the actual park, which is possible I guess, as there is actually lot more flat land with venues etc being pulled down. (I am thinking maybe where the Riverbank Arena was for those who have been, would offer a fair sized flat bit of land for a festival on it's own. And I guess all that area towards the Greenway side of the Olympic stadium could host smaller stages if they've torn down the other bits they had for The Olympics.)

Exciting, wouldn't mind some acts I liked there :D

Shame it's not Hackney Marshes, watched the Hackney Weekend highlights on NYE when I got in, and it was a damn great place to hold a London one day fest. Layout was great to!

Edited by LondonTom

• 3 weeks later...

Woop close for me :D.... Makes alot of sense, hopefully they can turn it up to 11 ;) .This picture I saw on live nations twitter:

https://twitter.com/LiveNationUK/status/293644817894871040/photo/1

It's where i meant when I said behind the Olympic Stadium where they just had a lot of food stalls etc but it was quite flat land to fit concerts in.

Wonder if they would be giving out tickets to local residents to applese them of the noise? (My nan lives opposite the site :):P)

Edited by LondonTom