Hyde Park 2013

Guest mahoneypepe

Ha I just came to post the same after actually reading the article after seeing Elton pulled out on twitter!

I'll take a couple of expensive pints to see Ray :D

http://www.bst-hydepark.com/12julyupdate

Following Sir Elton John’s cancellation of all upcoming shows from his current European tour including his much anticipated show at Barclaycard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park this coming Friday due to appendicitis, AEG Live and The Royal Parks confirm that the show will go on with the remaining stellar line-up for free and existing ticket holders will receive a full refund.

Artists including RAY DAVIES, the former-Kinks frontman as well as ELVIS COSTELLO, GABRIELLE APLINand NICK LOWE will perform on The Great Oak Stage which only last Saturday saw the Rolling Stones play to a packed Hyde Park for the first time since 1969. Many more artists will play across the park on Friday in what is set to become another massive weekend for this event.

Existing ticket holders for Friday 12th July will automatically receive a full refund - the full value of their original ticket orders will be credited to the original payment method within 7 working days. And by bringing their existing tickets along to Barclaycard presents British Summer Time, Hyde Park on Friday 12th July only, they will be given free access. AEG Live is also making further tickets available for Friday 12th July.

FOR FREE TICKETS CLICK HERE

Print out a ticket at home to bring to Hyde Park. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis until capacity.

It has been confirmed earlier today that following a number of exploratory scans with his UK medical team, Sir Elton has been diagnosed with appendix abscess surrounding retrocaecal appendicitis. He is currently undergoing a course of intensive antibiotics and is expected to undergo surgery in the UK in the coming weeks once doctors have reduced toxins around the inflamed appendicitis site.

Rob Hallett, President, International Live Touring, AEG Live said: “We certainly wish Elton a speedy recovery and know that he would have hated for us to cancel the whole day’s events because of this. In the beautiful surroundings of Hyde Park and the incredible weather we are having, our show goes on! And there’s no better way to enjoy the start of our final weekend with a free event for all to enjoy with some excellent headline artists topping off even more great entertainment in our 10-day event.”

James Russell, Head of Events and Filming, The Royal Parks said: “I know that many people were looking forward to seeing Elton John perform on the Great Oak Stage this Friday and we wish him well. We still have a fantastic line-up for Friday night and this gives us the opportunity to extend our free offering for this event - giving more fans the opportunity to see and experience everything Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park has to offer.”

A spokesman for Sir Elton said: “Elton is incredibly disappointed to postpone these tour dates. To know that he had made such super-human efforts and continued to perform to thousands through his illness only confirms his dedication to his European fans.”

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi , I have 2 tickets for the accessible standing area on Saturday, can anyone tell me what entrance i need to use ? Looking at the plan there seems to be an entrance halfway along by the barclaycard unwind theatre. But as i will be arriving via marble arch, this is further down then the main entrance , can we not just use that ?

Also has anyone got a plan that shows where the accessible standing area is ? does it have its own toilets ? i understand that the wheelchair seating area has some but it makes no mention as to whether we can use them as well.

Also does anyone know the best place to pick up a cab or a bus to liverpool street ? the tube will be too much of a crush.

Any answers / advice is really appreciated.