Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Pulp Fiction - "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!"

Another older film catch up that I've never seen before, I loved it! I can see why people don't, it's very dialogue heavy, but I thought it was great. It's very quotable, and the chemistry between Travolta and Samuel L is brilliant.

Pulp Fiction - "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!"

Another older film catch up that I've never seen before, I loved it! I can see why people don't, it's very dialogue heavy, but I thought it was great. It's very quotable, and the chemistry between Travolta and Samuel L is brilliant.

Zed's dead baby...zed's dead

If you haven't already, get watching the rest of tarantino's stuff. I personally think reservoir dogs is even better. Although most people I know disagree all think they're both brilliant.

i've started to rank Reservoir Dogs higher than Pulp Fiction lately. i just love the whole 'bank heist film without seeing the heist' thing

I'm long overdue a Reservoir Dogs rewatch. Pulp Fiction is my favourite of his.

Anyone watched Inherent Vice? I loved it but it's confusing as there is a lot of characters and events happening out of nowhere, I think that's the point though as the book is meant to follow a similar narration. I can't wait to see it again once it's out on Blu-ray as like every other Paul Thomas Anderson film it will only get better with a second viewing.

If you haven't already, get watching the rest of tarantino's stuff. I personally think reservoir dogs is even better. Although most people I know disagree all think they're both brilliant.

I've seen a few, I absolutely LOVE Django, and I've seen Inglourious Basterds too which was quite good.

It's the Kill Bill movies I don't get, bored me to death.

Reservoir Dogs is on Netflix I believe so I'll have to give it a watch!

I thought the first one was great. Second one a bit of a disappointment but overall I still like them.

Heard rumours a year or two ago about a vol 3 which was going to be a prequel km the first but dunno if there was anything in that.

I really like Jackie brown. Brilliant performances by everyone, keaton and grier in particular.

i think Tarantino had interest in doing a third Kill Bill a few years ago but it seemed to come and go and then he pretty much ruled it out a few years later

I thought the first one was great. Second one a bit of a disappointment but overall I still like them.

Heard rumours a year or two ago about a vol 3 which was going to be a prequel km the first but dunno if there was anything in that.

I really like Jackie brown. Brilliant performances by everyone, keaton and grier in particular.

I thought the 2nd was utter shite. 1st one was good without being brilliant.

Saw The Theory Of Everything today, goodish performances, but a bit pointless as a film, just feels like a vehicle for actors to do serious-faces acting. It did cobble together a message to take home about overcoming adversity and shit, but mainly just felt like they wanted to do lots of scenes where the actors flex their "Oscars, please" muscles. Nice safe and twee 60s/70s England setting so nobody feels too threatened. Eddie Redmayne is a likeable sort, Benidict Cumberbatch is an irritating posh dick, but I'd take The Immitation Game over this every time.

i think Tarantino had interest in doing a third Kill Bill a few years ago but it seemed to come and go and then he pretty much ruled it out a few years later

He flip flops (like he does with most of his movie plans) but the orginal plan was to wait 10-15 years after the first ones and then do Kill Bill 3 where Copperhead's kid want revenge on the Bride for killing her Mum.

I loved both Kill Bills, a part I love but no one else seems to is when she meets the pimp played by Micheal Parks in 2. I would of loved to seen a few more scenes with that guy, just something of his performance just caught me.

Great acting. To play that part and the policeman investigating the church murders was a stroke of casting genius Imo

I watched the making of on the dvd and what happened was the guy originally cast to play the pimp pulled out and during the actors read through of the script Parks who was already there for the other role filled in and by the end of it Tarantino insisted he does that part as well.

Edited by jump