Green Day UK tour?

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that one way around "the once we play a secret gig at one site it's impossible to play a secret gig at the other site" argument is for the festival organisers to helicopter Green Day from one site to the other to play the gigs straight after each other.

The only way they were able to have the security set up at Reading was by having the gig at the start of the day so they could re-organise the barriers overnight. It's highly unlikely that they would have been able to clear everyone out of the tent area at Leeds to re-arrange all of the barriers and have space for people to queue ready for them to turn up at 3pm.

Just got an e-mail from seetickets that Green Day's London date is on sale on the 28th.

I'm not entirely sure, but I reckon the tickets won't go on sale on Friday.

There were meant to be other shows announced for tix sale on Friday, and the announcement has been pulled because of Billy's meltdown .... so I reckon this one already-announced show is also on hold but the message hasn't got thru to the ticket agents yet.

Tickets went on presale through the bands fan club today and its been promoted on Facebook and stuff, if it were on hold we'd have known already. Plus that show is too far away to put on hold when nothing has been said about the us tour yet and that starts in a month or so

Edited by carrythebanner

Tickets went on presale through the bands fan club today and its been promoted on Facebook and stuff, if it were on hold we'd have known already. Plus that show is too far away to put on hold when nothing has been said about the us tour yet and that starts in a month or so

and yet the announcement for other shows around June-time has been put on hold.

So while they might be selling tix, they're clearly not confident that the show will take place, else they'd have that same confidence for the other shows they were going to announce.

I can only guess that things were too advanced or too complicated to pull this ticket sale then, and that they're keeping their fingers crossed that they don't have to cancel the show.