Green Day UK tour?

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite not being there, I'm really not envious at all right now. Apart from the fact it's forecast to pish down all day tomorrow, Green day themselves announcing to the entire world that they'll play a 'surprise' performance tomorrow means it will be stupidly rammed. By now I'm sure 80% of the festival goers will know they are scheduled to play. Why are they playing the NME tent anyways? If you're going to do a full announcement, they may aswell stick them on the main stage. What rubbish organisation.

A surprise performance would've been turning up at the last minute under a pseudonym on the lock-up stage where a Dookie set would be fully appreciated.

Call me a killjoy...

Edited by Mariner

Despite not being there, I'm really not envious at all right now. Apart from the fact it's forecast to pish down all day tomorrow, Green day themselves announcing to the entire world that they'll play a 'surprise' performance tomorrow means it will be stupidly rammed. By now I'm sure 80% of the festival goers will know they are scheduled to play. Why are they playing the NME tent anyways? If you're going to do a full announcement, they may aswell stick them on the main stage. What rubbish organisation.

A surprise performance would've been turning up at the last minute under a pseudonym on the lock-up stage where a Dookie set would be fully appreciated.

Call me a killjoy...

Edited by mrtourette

I was rather impressed with the gig, I was just getting money and that out the locker when they started and made a dash for it, wasnt bother to get their myself but mate is a massive green day fan...but I left impressed with them live!! It was great fun, but was shocked at quite a few people who left after a few songs?? Seemed to want to take a picture to say they was there and then left!

taken from their facebook

the only reason they would point that out is due to the fact that they give a presale for most of their gigs. was posted yesterday and today which I would hazard a guess at meaning that tour dates will be announced tomorrow (not guessing which tour dates though as will probably be a world tour so maybe announced bit by bit)