Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

7 hours ago, big__phil said:

@GETOFFAMYLAWN do I remember you saying you are going to Wilco at the Albert Hall on Friday? I'll be making the pilgrimage north myself, and looking forward to the venue (I've heard good things).

Anyone else going?

Not me sir. Dinosaur Jr on Saturday but never knowingly heard a not of Wilco. The Albert Hall is a top venue though.

Seeing Crazy P tonight, when I bought the ticket I had no clue who they were - was just told by a mate that they were good and we should all go. Now I'm really looking forward to it. Proper underground disco feel to them. Only oddity is that they are on quite early (gig finishes at 10pm) - but that does mean we are going out after for a mates birthday to a Stevie Wonder themed night so I'm seeing it as a real win win.

On 11/16/2016 at 8:20 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Not me sir. Dinosaur Jr on Saturday but never knowingly heard a not of Wilco. The Albert Hall is a top venue though.

Well I got that wrong then! How were Dino Jr? Wilco were great! Gorgeous venue as well, with really good sound. Did you enjoy London @Harry49?

@big_phil, Really enjoyed Wilco, good setlist and band seemed up for it! amazingly there were a couple of scuffles between middleaged men who should have known better near me, but handbags really.

Highlights were Impossible Germany, Spiders and Shot in the Arm.

52 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

@big_phil, Really enjoyed Wilco, good setlist and band seemed up for it! amazingly there were a couple of scuffles between middleaged men who should have known better near me, but handbags really.

Highlights were Impossible Germany, Spiders and Shot in the Arm.

Love watching a good scuffle at a gig. Did someone spill a tiny bit of drink?

Ironically the crowd at Crazy P on friday were the friendliest London crowd I've been in for a long long time - I assume because of the sheer quality of the music but everyone was so happy and neighbourly (it was quite off putting the first time when I thought I was in for it after I spilt half a beer down someones back, only for him to turn around apologise to me and give me a hug).

Edited by mjsell

4 hours ago, big__phil said:

Well I got that wrong then! How were Dino Jr? Wilco were great! Gorgeous venue as well, with really good sound. Did you enjoy London @Harry49?

Dinosaur Jr a class act as always, not as good as the dates on the I Bet On Sky tour, because the tunes from that album were some of their best, but still one of best guitar bands on the face of the planet. All the hits, J mumbling loads, Murph knocking his glasses off from going full Animal from The Muppets, great night all round.

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Primal Scream tonight. Small venue, sold out, Friday night, cheap bar.

Sounds perfect. I saw them in Gloucester Guildhall a few years ago as a warm up for Glastonbury, and they were fantastic.  I think that has a capacity of 400 of so, although I'm pretty sure they over-sold it that night... 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Rescheduled for April GH! Singer had throat surgery. 

http://sawdoctors.com/news/

Just found out.  The problem for me is that the re-scheduled date is Easter Monday and most of our gang will have family commitments.

Clearly the SDs are no longer good catholic boys.

Been to two gigs this week. Frank Turner at Liverpool Uni on Monday, always a great show, and Beans on Toast at Constellations in Liverpool last night. Great fun and good support, really enjoyed one of his support acts, Sky Smeed who I'd never heard of before. Even bought his cd.