Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Forgot she was Canadian. Love Blue. Got a great second hand vinyl of both that and Hejira Need to get hold of a good copy of Clouds - great album. 

She should do a duet with Chad Nickelback!

Can't really listen to anything post Hissing of the Summer Lawns but her first 6-7 albums are unique masterpieces. 

Anyway gigs, Bruce x 2 this weekend, Neil in two weeks. 

Been to a few this year. Ryley Walker was great, although he lost the crowd a little but as it was very loose at times. Flaming Groovies were banging. Have Rufus Wainwright and Wilco. And Glasto obviously.

No Irish date for PiL unfortunately. 

Glasto aside, Neil Young is the main event for me. Hoping for a Dylan date too.

Edited by The Nal

10 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well that was fucking ace! Far better than at glastonbury and i loved that. Religion was amazing but @The Nal the way they did that I'm not surprised they're not playing Ireland. 

Went on for ages and the bass outro went on and kept getting louder and louder. In a tiny low-ceilinged venue made it the loudest I've ever heard. My head was vibrating, never mind my feet. 

Only negative not sure ending with shoom was a good idea. Fair bit of new album but in general it was the better ones.

Tie me to the end of that was unbelievable. 

What way did they do it?

47 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Sorry mate was a bit pissed. Extra very blasphemous verses is what I meant. No subtlety at all. Sweeping generalisation i know but couldn't see it going down very well with the masses over there.

Was fucking ace though.  

Quite the opposite. That would go down very well here! Probably wouldn't on a Friday night oldies TV show but at a gig? Yessir.

Religion is dying a death here thankfully.

Edited by The Nal

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My experiences a lot more rural so probably not representative. Like i say was pissed up too so not thinking before typing. Sorry for the ignorant comments to be honest. 

Missed a treat mate. Surprised they're not playing at least one Dublin or Belfast gig to be honest. 

Nowt ignorant about it. I guess thats why they dont have big punk gigs in rural Tipperary!

Yeah bit cheesed off to be honest because the couple of gigs hes played previously have been well attended and received. And I like the new album. 

7 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

http://nodepression.com/live-review/neil-young-live-belfast

' Just shy of the three hour mark and a set list of twenty four songs spanning Young's entire career means that this concert will be talked about it hallowed tones for many years to come. '

Nearly 3 hours. Can't wait

This bodes extremely well

Saw Virginmarys last month, they are on tonight too in Manchester. Ive known them a long time and they are getting better and better and have managed a get a spot on the main stage at Leeds and Reading this year!

Well worth checking out these lot - you could just stand and watch the drummer all night