So it's U2- Fri, Prince- Sunday...

Guest cheekycheeky

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally in terms of size I think there's very little doubt that it goes:

Kings of Leon > Arcade Fire > Elbow

Arcade Fire might be close to being able to headline Pyramid. Elbow are way off I'm afraid.

In terms of who I prefer, it goes Elbow> Arcade Fire > Kings of Leon.

Which is kinda the whole point. Put Kings of Leon or Gaga on Pyramid. I'll have a way better time with half the crowd at the Elbow gig on Other, rather than with a bunch of people complaining that they don't know Some Riot.

I'd be very surprised if we saw Arcade Fire at Glastonbury in the next few years.

They didn't enjoy the mud of 2007 and I believe they felt it was a bit of a snub to be 2nd top of the Other Stage when they were sub-headlining Reading.

Also, they strike me as the type of band who are motivated mainly by money, hence the exclusivity deals signed with R&L and Oxegen.

I'd be very surprised if we saw Arcade Fire at Glastonbury in the next few years.

They didn't enjoy the mud of 2007 and I believe they felt it was a bit of a snub to be 2nd top of the Other Stage when they were sub-headlining Reading.

Also, they strike me as the type of band who are motivated mainly by money, hence the exclusivity deals signed with R&L and Oxegen.

Have you not heard 'Come Around Sundown' yet then? I'm glad the Glastonbury set was good as I'm now having to resort to pretending that they simply split up after that and stopped making music.

For the Sunday night crowd at the Pyramid (packed with day trippers/ locals) surely Kylie is a safer bet...

Last couple of years has been more and more like a Radio 2 playlist on Sunday in any case.

Not that its a porblem for me at my advanced age...

Edited by LusciousLucy