So it's U2- Fri, Prince- Sunday...

Guest cheekycheeky

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But is this simply a case of "the same old brilliance" from Muse? I'm not a fan, but they're pretty recognised as a great live act. Stevie was a "moment" as he doesn't play these shows so often, and Gorillaz divided opinion on the quality of their performance. Muse simply played their usual set. To blame them for being consistently well regarded seems a little unfair!

Edited by russycarps

Not really. Flaming lips for example are recognised as a brilliant band/live act and there were still loads of threads on here,and in the press, saying how amazing they were after they put on yet another amazing performance.

Unfortunately, muse were one of the more forgettable acts from the festival. There was nothing special about their gig at all. And no buzz about them afterwards. Over exposure and a very poor recent album are not a good combination. I was there and the crowd only seemed interested in the older songs, which were done much better in 2004. I think a lot of people have had enough of them. They need to disappear for a couple of years.

Beyonce as a strong rumour, would she have to headline? She's pretty massive. I'd love her to play under someone like Prince if he were to play but I'm not sure if she would.

I'd guess that she's not thought of as a headliner.

She's actually a part of our current best info - headliners of U2, Coldplay & Radiohead, with Beyonce also playing. And we've had that info for quite a while now.

But that set of info is like many of the sets of info we have, not something we are able to put enough belief in to say it's pretty likely.

Yet funnily enough, our investigations this morning suggest that the Daily Star got their info from a very similar source if not the same source. I'd go so far as to say I believe it's the exact same info but which has taken a lot longer to reach their ears than it took to reach our own.

I'd guess that she's not thought of as a headliner.

She's actually a part of our current best info - headliners of U2, Coldplay & Radiohead, with Beyonce also playing. And we've had that info for quite a while now.

But that set of info is like many of the sets of info we have, not something we are able to put enough belief in to say it's pretty likely.

Yet funnily enough, our investigations this morning suggest that the Daily Star got their info from a very similar source if not the same source. I'd go so far as to say I believe it's the exact same info but which has taken a lot longer to reach their ears than it took to reach our own.

Yeah Beyonce is definitely a lot bigger than Shakira. Crazy In Love, Single Ladies, Irreplaceable, Deja Vu, If I Were A Boy are all massive, massive singles. Shakira only really has 3 'big' songs and I'm not even sure if any of them went to #1?

If they both want to turn up and finger bang eachother though, I'd be more than happy to watch.

Beyonce is much, much bigger than Shakira.

I'd say right now she is bigger than Kings of Leon were when they headlined... plenty of other previous headliners. She'd be taking it very humbly if she played second on the main stage. Perhaps they could convince her to play under Coldplay (must know them after Jay Z's support of them?) or Prince (musical hero type thing?). Or maybe other stage headliner, at the same time as U2/Radiohead.

Beyonce is much, much bigger than Shakira.

I'd say right now she is bigger than Kings of Leon were when they headlined... plenty of other previous headliners. She'd be taking it very humbly if she played second on the main stage. Perhaps they could convince her to play under Coldplay (must know them after Jay Z's support of them?) or Prince (musical hero type thing?). Or maybe other stage headliner, at the same time as U2/Radiohead.

Surely Beyonce has to be one of the most popular artists in the world at the moment? She's had huge global success both with Destiny's Child and Solo and sells out massive venues for her own tour so why wouldn't she make a good headliner?

Not my thing musically (very much my thing visually) but a huge act and a great coup for the festival surely?

As for muse, well I saw them headline at glastonbury in 2004 and, whilst I am no big fan, I have to say that show was polar opposite from this year. It was terrific. This year's show sadly came nowhere near that one and was nothing special at all. It felt like they were just going through the motions (it is understandable they are jaded now, they have been doing massive gigs for years now). Best thing Muse could do is take a couple of years off and concentrate on writing an album that goes back to basics a bit and stop trying so hard to write epic stadium rock songs all the time.

I had seen Muse 5 times previously to Glasto, but to me Glasto was the best time I have seen them (I also went to one of the Wembley shows this year).

I thought they played better, the atmosphere was great, they knew how important their set was this year and they played on that by bringing out the Edge (which was THE moment of the festival for me).

I thought Muse were awesome at Glasto and they even topped Stevie for me, even though Stevie was brill. I went into Glasto not really knowning Stevies stuff but he was excellent and I loved it!

As for this years headliners, I think U2 would be amazing at Glasto, I would love to see Radiohead play but I am not too bothered about Coldplay. Although I do like them and I have seen them I just wouldnt be that bothered about them headlining, I would rather someone else play. Prince would be better as something different, although if anything better cropped up on another stage I would be able to just walk away!

so neil, what are the chances of kylie still playing with the high rumor of Beyonce given that I couldn't see her subbing for U2 or Radiohead really

I reckon they're pretty strong still. I know for sure that Kylie is dead keen to do it, and she's touring from next spring so it's easily doable.

So it comes down I guess to whether Glastonbury want her - and I think her cameo this year says that they'd be foolish not to have her. She could fill a slot anywhere from halfway upwards, as long as she was happy to do that (I know she's not hung up on only being a headliner).

I know how things stand at the Kylie end, the rest comes down to Glasto.

I reckon they're pretty strong still. I know for sure that Kylie is dead keen to do it, and she's touring from next spring so it's easily doable.

So it comes down I guess to whether Glastonbury want her - and I think her cameo this year says that they'd be foolish not to have her. She could fill a slot anywhere from halfway upwards, as long as she was happy to do that (I know she's not hung up on only being a headliner).

I know how things stand at the Kylie end, the rest comes down to Glasto.