Guest drewsstrat

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that i recall...

i just don't see it

but SAYING THAT, it'd be no weirder than Basement Jaxx replacing Kylie

in fact, it'd make more sense, so in that respect, i can actually see it happening

i'd just be pretty shocked if Eavis replaced the band he's been going after for absolute years and finally got after twenty years of playing no festivals... with Doves

Firstly, no indication as to how serious the injury is. Bono has gone to a very expensive clinic and will have top rehab people helping him, so recovery time may well be good.

If they don't play, it'll be churlish and unfair to expect a headliner as big as U2 with a month to go and a cap on how much they'll pay.

If they get a new band, only realistic contenders are snow patrol, coldplay ( just because of them being mates) or chemical brothers

Otherwise, they can move up D.rascal, scissor sistors or faithless to headline and get a replacement second from top ( Doves, Primal scream or manics i reckon)

not that i recall...

i just don't see it

but SAYING THAT, it'd be no weirder than Basement Jaxx replacing Kylie

in fact, it'd make more sense, so in that respect, i can actually see it happening

i'd just be pretty shocked if Eavis replaced the band he's been going after for absolute years and finally got after twenty years of playing no festivals... with Doves

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

Sad new about Bono, I wish him well.

But we need to digest some facts here.

GFL will have U2 insured against not appearing so funds will be safe.

Tickets are all sold out.

Just move everyone up the bill.

Dizzee will headline & could possibly be the greatest unexpected headliner since Pulp. The man's career the last 18 months has been building up to this moment, the crowd he pulled last year was phenomenal. Bonkers??? Possibly, but that is how I see it.

Time is short to bring a headliner in now is way to short for rehearsal & stage set building etc...

Arcade Fire are exclusive to R & L

Gorillaz also signed for IOW??? I think its late & had a few sherberts

To late for Pulp to reform & rehearse, though I would love it.

So Dizzee for me....

Dizzee will headline & could possibly be the greatest unexpected headliner since Pulp. The man's career the last 18 months has been building up to this moment, the crowd he pulled last year was phenomenal. Bonkers??? Possibly, but that is how I see it.

Time is short to bring a headliner in now is way to short for rehearsal & stage set building etc...

So Dizzee for me....

i probably am underestimating Doves appeal (as i must admit they're a band who always slip right under my radar) but ah well, we shall see eh

if Dizzee got bumped that'd be a major bummer

i realize he's gotten massive recently but people were complaining about him being second, nevermind headlining

for me, Coldplay seem like the most likely / realistic choice. local band, obviously put on great shows, people thought they were gonna be playing this year anyway, and probably quite a similar fanbase to U2

but yeah, as others have said, a month to rehearse / sort it all out etc. probably wouldn't happen

it's a shame this accident didn't happen earlier (horrible thing to say but you know what i mean) so they could sort out a proper headliner, rather than quickly bungle something together in an attempt for the festival not to be ruined

So Dizzee for me....

So who is touring or fresh from touring, has links to the festival and a history of appreciation for it so therefore may be able to step into the breach at short notice and has the capability, talent and catalogue to do it justice?

Clue: Pidgeons.

There's loads of options including a live bedside broadcast from Bono for 2 hours or White Stripes , Chems' , KOL , Kasabian , Arcade Fire . Any act which is currently contracted to other fests. would be easily bought out if they recoupe the U2 fee .