U2 tour in chaos

Guest drewsstrat

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, they are free, they are amazing, the are the best...

ALLLLLRIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT GLASTONBURYYYYYYY!!!! YOU WANTEEEEEDDDDD THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BESTTTT! THE HOTTTTESTTTTTT BAND IN THE WORLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDD...... KISS.

Just a suggestion for a backup, in Europe at the time, and put on an amazing show :P

I'm not a U2 fan , I am a Glastonbury fan. I think U2 is a massive thing to consider losing. Fan of the band , or not. It was pretty much the only thing I felt about the 40th anniversary thing that made it special. If they don't play then, short of dragging David Bowie out of retirement, they cannot mark the 40th anniversary of the festival in the way they intended.

Non U2 fan wishes Bono a speedy recovery !

just heard and all i can say is thats not good.... as was said eariler in the thread i think it's highly doubtful that U2 will be there now i can't see bono wanting to fly from the US to the UK to then jump on stage, give a performance then fly back out... 2011 for them now i think...

now who to replace them... really can't think of who... Kasabian?? please no... Zep? Foo's?

Bad times for Bono, hope he gets better soon!

If U2 did cancel, I would love to see Jamiroquai replace them. They are brilliant live and Jay Kay knows how to get the crowd going. They are supporting Stevie on Saturday @ Hyde park so they could get involved. I'm probably on my own with this one but I don't care :P

now im far from being a massive u2 fan but there's some seriously shocking shite bands being suggested here as suitable replacements... coldplay, snore patrol, foo fighters, dizzee f**kin rascal ffs and much as i like the chemical brothers i dont think they deserve the slot either...[/quote).

I think actually most of them would be fine replacements (apart from Snore Patrol and I don't mind them!

In fairness I would assume that for most people because of U2 being booked it has the best headliners out of every evening by a mile. I've got a choice between about 7 and I wasn't originally planning on seeing U2!!

I really like about 4/5 songs but trying to get into them recently it's not happened.

Flaming Lips, Groove Armada, Mos Def, The XX, Bootleg Bealtes, Sasha, Fatboy Slim, Boys Noise, The Orb, Simian Mobile Disco.

Saturdays? Jamie T maybe :P:P:P

PEARL JAM please

First of all I would like to wish Bono a speedy recovery as I was one of the Morons that wanted to see them. He preaches becouse it seems a some of you dont give a shit. I hope that if the ones of you that are really glad this has happened do not fall ill or hurt yourself as you would not deserve any sympathy for your comments.

Please be careful as you reap what you sow.

In Peace

seeing as i was out when this news broke i am only just taking this shocking news in

seriously, i'm in bits over this - it doesn't matter who steps in, if they could match up to U2's stature they would be playing already

some of the suggestions to replace them would be hilarious if the situation wasn't so f**king tragic

IF they dont play

Biggest Glasto Disappointment Ever

Edited by Tugger2k