1. Queen with Paul Rogers/ or even another tribute

2. Macca

3. Led Zeppellin

4. Pink Floyd

5. AC/DC

6. Leftfield

7. Chemical Bros

8. The Eagles

please please please for fox sake dont make it coldplay...

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah sterophonics popped into my head when i was having a shower earlier...

Gorillaz, doubtful because there was something that Damon said about not wanting to headline 2 years in a row

Coldplay possibly, are friends with the Eavis's

12. Foo Fighters...

13. Kasabian

14. Green Day... i know they are playing paris the next day so originally said no but you never know

Arctic Monkeys? Just a thought.

I missed them at G the last time they played, got to that 'way too much mud, gonna stay in the dance field' frame of mind. I would love to see them though.

I still reckon U2 will be there, I can feel it in my water. :P

AAAAARGH ! I hate this thread ! It's dumb as . Why are people just putting pointless wishlists as replacements for U2 ? To have them, love 'em or hate 'em, at Glasto is huge. If they don't play there will be an unfillable hole. Dizzy effing Rascal ? Give me a break. Stop being silly , people !

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no chance of Dizzee Rascal being put up to headline the Pyramid. All of the other stages have been booked around U2 being a massive draw, and so are huge acts in their own right. If Dizzee Rascal, or anyone else 'un-proven' as a headliner is placed on the Pyramid then there would be serious crowd problems at the majority of the other stages. GFL, and anyone with any health and safety responsibility for the festival simply would not allow it.

In my opinion, it would either have to be a major shuffle of the lineup, or a massive act that has a similar appeal to U2. Although I'd love the Chemical Brothers to step in, I don't think they'd create enough of a crowd split between a lot of the other stages, as I think they are too different (musically) to U2 (although I'm sure many people like both acts, including myself).

I really am gutted about Bono, and the possibility of U2 not being at Glastonbury. I don't really agree with the chap, nor do I respect him as a person, but I bloody love the music he and the rest of the band make. I'd never buy a ticket to see their own shows, but like many others (I'm sure) thought this would be my one and only time to see them, so I really feel that if they do have to pull out then the replacement will either have to be a re-shuffle of the stage line-ups, or a huge act (which is probably unlikely).

It's not what I want to think, but realistically I think there is no other answer.

Bugger!

(P.S. Best wishes Bono)

Have to disagree there Dan, if this injury was so severe then it would be an immediate cancellation and no need to sit on the fence (so far that's not the case).

Actually 5 wks IS a long time in rehab and with access to the best health care and after care I fully expect him to recover for Glasto.

well he's had to have surgery so i think we can say its bad... but it depends on how fast his body heals remember he is a 50 yr old man and even with the best medical teams in the world it would probably take my body a shorter amount of time to heal then his... and it all depends on what's said on monday as i think they'll be an announcement then after he has had the weekend to recover a bit... the thing is that apart from being told he has surgery we haven't been told exactly what's been done, it could be ligament or nerve repair which could take months to repair or it could be something a lot less trivial... who knows what he's done but i hope he gets well soon and i hope they are at glasto with a cracking performance

I assume from what people are saying that Bono is currently residing in America? Otherwise, if they are heading to America then Ireland to England isn't a hard flight. They'll probably still play

If they don't, I don't imagine they'll get a big enough act to replace them, then a quick shuffle of:

Pyramid:

Flaming Lips

Hot Chip

Vampire Weekend

Other:

Dizzee Rascal

Florence and the Machine

La Roux

and then just add another at the bottom of the Other seems pretty reasonable.

I assume from what people are saying that Bono is currently residing in America? Otherwise, if they are heading to America then Ireland to England isn't a hard flight. They'll probably still play

If they don't, I don't imagine they'll get a big enough act to replace them, then a quick shuffle of:

Pyramid:

Flaming Lips

Hot Chip

Vampire Weekend

Other:

Dizzee Rascal

Florence and the Machine

La Roux

and then just add another at the bottom of the Other seems pretty reasonable.

My take on this is that its a big publicity stunt - U2 cancel all the gigs on the world tour before Glasto, everyone is 'will they, won't they', the papers go nuts, then they play to 100,000 people live on BBC beamed worldwide, and their ticket sales for the world tour go through the roof.

I wouldn't be going to see them, but I appreciate that many other people have different tastes and were looking forward to this, good luck to you all.

Bono's a tit but there's no place to celebrate misfortune.

The Eavis's can't really afford to bump people up the bill to replace their exclusive Headliners - as with Stone Roses and Kylie, they'll be looking for a decent replacement.

I'll be annoyed if they announce a replacement I want to see, as that would clash with seeing The Orb for me. I'd sack them off for Chems or Daft Punk or Radiohead or Outkast or AC/DC or Led Zep, but not Coldplay.

Biffy Clyro are a shocking band and I will give odds of 10-1 that they won't be asked to fill in.

I'd guess at Chems or Led Zep or Them Crooked Vultures.

There are some seriously shocking suggestions on here but Biffy f**king Clyro is taking the piss........ headlining the bloody pyramid stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY

SheHulk.jpg

Edited by guyfawkes

If it turns out U2 cant play, wouldnt Kasabian be a good substitute??? played before headliner twice now, and great live