Private Campsite.

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

Now before I start I understand all about the tipi fields blah blah blah. However over the past couple of years Mr Eavis has mentioned about the audience of the festival, and I know he would like to attract a younger crowd (or needs to). I am not happy with sponsorship from the Guardian or Radio One, but for me a great festival is still had.

However I am a little concerned about the ###### Campsite...Here.....

Now this is advertised on the home page, so advocated by GFL, yet there are little comments in the ad about "extra security", which can be interpreted that things are rough inside the festival.

I don't know what my point is except I saw the ad in shock and thought the festival is going to just become elitist :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's shit shit shit and I hate the fact that the festival is becoming like this. this is the sort of thing that I hoped was against all the ideals of the festival. Extremely disappointing, like all of this sort of thing. Why do they allow it?

It's like the company that offer to helicopter you in, hardly seems right for an egalitarian festival that talks about loving the farm and being environmentally conscious.

Edited by Mardy

For me this is just another example of people seizing and opportuntity to make money that having 150,000 peeeps in a rural area that has always happened, from people selling crates of beer round the site to the flare selling guys, just these people are up market and have a website. no real problem, glasto can accomodate all sorts

i'm really against this too. the point of glasto is we're all in it together. having a tent put up for you and 'exclusive' showers, loos etc not to mention the extra security to keep scum like the rest of us away is completely elitist and creates a 'them and us' scene that glastonbury never usually has. i'm really sad about this.

the final kick in the crotch is the entrance being where it is. capitalism at the stone circle - nice. :)

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

Stuff like this has been going on for years, and to be honest this one looks to be cheaper than Camp Kerala and the other one that operates.

My biggest problem with this isn't that it's being offered - it's that there might actually be people out there who go for it. Fools, utter utter fools.

the tipi 'field' has become rather exclusive too

dunno what to think really. These people must have paid something for the 'special facilities' and if it means helping the festival with some of it's costs, then I s'pose it's ok. It's stupidly expensive for what you get though, those prices are per person, so for ten people in the Montana, it'll be £8,450!!!!.. in a tent... without any extras (that's your ticket not included either)!!!..

there's a couple of other options like this too now, isn't there?

In an ideal world, it wouldn't be happenin'....

I've looked again at the site and clicked number in party "2" then clicked on the two person tent option and the total comes up as the price of one tent, so I reckon it must be per tent.

In which case I can see how at that sort of marginal cost (it's hardly in Kerala's league) it might appeal to people who might be a bit nervy about the whole camping thing (maybe bringing an apprehensive bf/gf for the first time?) but I wouldn't do it myself in a million years.

Hair straighteners, anyone? :)

I've looked again at the site and clicked number in party "2" then clicked on the two person tent option and the total comes up as the price of one tent, so I reckon it must be per tent.

In which case I can see how at that sort of marginal cost (it's hardly in Kerala's league) it might appeal to people who might be a bit nervy about the whole camping thing (maybe bringing an apprehensive bf/gf for the first time?) but I wouldn't do it myself in a million years.

Hair straighteners, anyone? :)

OK for some I suppose. But it is getting a little bit corporate or maybe Michael has to buy off the rest of the village by allowing them all to make their little cut.

Intense Feeling - A camping honeymoon.