Private Campsite.

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

For the past 2 years I have argued vociferously aginst Kamp f**kin' Kerala buuuutt....

I actually don't think this sounds too bad. Personally, I would not stay there, but it's not total extortion; and it's better than people dumping their tents and hampering the cleanup operation - because it's probably those people it will attract.

Edited by stevedevine

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the past 2 years I have argued vociferously aginst Kamp f**kin' Kerala buuuutt....

I actually don't think this sounds too bad. Personally, I would not stay there, but it's not total extortion; and it's better than people dumping their tents and hampering the cleanup operation - because it's probably those people it will attract.

£125 for a two man tent seems a right rip off to me.

It's festival common sense: don't leave anything you can't afford to lose in your tent and take valuables in a day ruck-sack. Since the fence went up security has not been that much of a problem anyway in my opinion.

They're just catering for the paranoid and I suppose it'll give us real festival goers more room to pitch up (as well as at least £125 extra to spend on cider! :P )

Edited by Craigston

It's festival common sense: don't leave anything you can't afford to lose in your tent and take valuables in a day ruck-sack. Since the fence went up security has not been that much of a problem anyway in my opinion.

They're just catering for the paranoid and I suppose it'll give us real festival goers more room to pitch up (as well as at least £125 extra to spend on cider! :) )

They're just catering for the paranoid and I suppose it'll give us real festival goers more room to pitch up (as well as at least £125 extra to spend on cider! :) )

I am thinking about booking a 2 man tent for the following reasons.

1) first time bringing the wife, who is not the best "camper" and would really appreciate the showers

2) if the car is nearby, then i could bring extra stuff (ice boxes, food etc) and just nip back, which would save me money.

3) hate the monday morning walk, and the long wait in the car park after..

4) was looking to buy a new tent (about £60) which i probably would have left anyway.

this thread has made me laugh, man some people need to lighten up.

I am thinking about booking a 2 man tent for the following reasons.

1) first time bringing the wife, who is not the best "camper" and would really appreciate the showers

2) if the car is nearby, then i could bring extra stuff (ice boxes, food etc) and just nip back, which would save me money.

3) hate the monday morning walk, and the long wait in the car park after..

4) was looking to buy a new tent (about £60) which i probably would have left anyway.

this thread has made me laugh, man some people need to lighten up.

We were intending to stay in the Tipi's so we would be on site and have gauranteed space together but they were too pricey, around £135 per person for the tipi without sleeping bags etc and looking at the 2009 map they are literally 100M away from this campsite max, plus we would have to park in the regular car park and carry our gear to them!

its certainly more than 100 metres. still i can understand why youd want to camp there, it makes sense that you want less hassle and want to camp with your mates. If we were unable to drive down on tuesday and could only arrive friday then wed have to consider it to be able to camp together

Don't see what the issue is. Every event has an elitist component whether it be rider, backstage whatever, staying at the farmhouse etc etc.

Each to their own surely? Afterall, there's enough talk on here about 'freedom'.

IF i had a property in Pilton I too would be offering something a little more for a little more.

If people are daft enough to pay the money thats their business. There have always been alternative ways to stay at Glasto tipi village, pod pads, trailer park and that god damn awful camp Korela (if thats what its called £5000 for the festival VIP area. This camp site is no different, I think its a way of Evis keeping the neighbors sweet so they can make a bit of money off the back of the festival.

the tipi 'field' has become rather exclusive too

dunno what to think really. These people must have paid something for the 'special facilities' and if it means helping the festival with some of it's costs, then I s'pose it's ok. It's stupidly expensive for what you get though, those prices are per person, so for ten people in the Montana, it'll be £8,450!!!!.. in a tent... without any extras (that's your ticket not included either)!!!..

there's a couple of other options like this too now, isn't there?

In an ideal world, it wouldn't be happenin'....

• 1 month later...

Well, at the risk of getting forum eggs hurled at my face, my dad is staying in this campsite.

He's been to the past four Glastos. This year he thought that I wasn't going (hence wouldn't be there to help carry his stuff!) and he booked up for the closer, easier option. His back is crocked and if it's a choice between hauling bags across mud-strewn fields or paying a little more to park near his tent, then he knew which way he was going.

Just saying that it's not all necessarily Tories and rich kids ;)

Having said that, I think he's a bit uneasy about it - being as he's supposedly a Leftie and all!