Private Campsite.

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if anyone is still reading this thread seeing as this years been and gone now.

I have enjoyed Glastonbury for many years but have had some serious issues lately with my back and am awaiting a 3rd operation later this year, so i couldnt go this year. In 2007, because of my probs we hired a campervan as i couldnt really move to well and wanted somewhere i could lay down, however there was 2 major faults with this, firstly the price, words cant describe how much the damn thing cost, and second, the hill leading to the camper fields was an absolute killer at the start and end of every day so 2007 was not a good year for me at Glastonbury. Though i can confirm that the onsite hospital is fantastic if you ever need it!

Next year, 2010, we want to hopefully return to Glastonbury but i will be unable to lug any camping equipment to the site so the ###### Tent Village is an obvious choice for me, yes it means paying more but does that mean i am now incapable of enjoying the spirit of Glastonbury as i will be unable to carry and put up my own tent? I dont understand how you can call me a snob and 'rich folk' for needing surgery so i can walk again? You people just dont think beyond your own bubble world and realise that maybe there are the hardcore festival goers that might no longer (through no fault of their own) be able to carry gear long distances, but are still capable of going to the festival itself. And before you categorise me as being disabled or some old git as well, im only 30 and the problems ive got can happen to you! It might be you next year defending your right to go to Glastonbury Fetsival from some half wit d**khead that thinks you shouldnt go because you cant lift anymore!

Its the people with attitudes like yours that destry the 'spirit' of Glastonbury. All you've done is talk about the 'money' aspects of the tent village, not the humanity of letting everyone enjoy themselves and have a good time. If anyone needs to hang up the boots, its you guys!

Dont know if anyone is still reading this thread seeing as this years been and gone now.

I have enjoyed Glastonbury for many years but have had some serious issues lately with my back and am awaiting a 3rd operation later this year, so i couldnt go this year. In 2007, because of my probs we hired a campervan as i couldnt really move to well and wanted somewhere i could lay down, however there was 2 major faults with this, firstly the price, words cant describe how much the damn thing cost, and second, the hill leading to the camper fields was an absolute killer at the start and end of every day so 2007 was not a good year for me at Glastonbury. Though i can confirm that the onsite hospital is fantastic if you ever need it!

Next year, 2010, we want to hopefully return to Glastonbury but i will be unable to lug any camping equipment to the site so the ###### Tent Village is an obvious choice for me, yes it means paying more but does that mean i am now incapable of enjoying the spirit of Glastonbury as i will be unable to carry and put up my own tent? I dont understand how you can call me a snob and 'rich folk' for needing surgery so i can walk again? You people just dont think beyond your own bubble world and realise that maybe there are the hardcore festival goers that might no longer (through no fault of their own) be able to carry gear long distances, but are still capable of going to the festival itself. And before you categorise me as being disabled or some old git as well, im only 30 and the problems ive got can happen to you! It might be you next year defending your right to go to Glastonbury Fetsival from some half wit d**khead that thinks you shouldnt go because you cant lift anymore!

Its the people with attitudes like yours that destry the 'spirit' of Glastonbury. All you've done is talk about the 'money' aspects of the tent village, not the humanity of letting everyone enjoy themselves and have a good time. If anyone needs to hang up the boots, its you guys!