Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

I find it incredible that no UK broadcaster has picked us Breaking Bad from Season 3 and onwards. Five have said they are not interested. They claim poor ratings but putting it on at 11pm does not help. Given that season 5 is the last I wonder he someone like Sky is going to leave it a few years and then get hold of it, but seeing as Sony have released s3 on DVD if they do the same with 4 and 5 it may be unlikely.

I find it incredible that no UK broadcaster has picked us Breaking Bad from Season 3 and onwards. Five have said they are not interested. They claim poor ratings but putting it on at 11pm does not help. Given that season 5 is the last I wonder he someone like Sky is going to leave it a few years and then get hold of it, but seeing as Sony have released s3 on DVD if they do the same with 4 and 5 it may be unlikely.

BB is a very marmite show i find, or its definitely a show that people have to be badgered into watching. ive got a few friends who say "i tried it and didn't like it"

there doesn't seem to be any hunger for decent drama on mainstream tv anymore, looking at my planner there is very little which isn't on sky and isn't American. We tend to do stuff which is kids tele for adults like Dr Who and Merlin.

Edited by lost

there doesn't seem to be any hunger for decent drama on mainstream tv anymore, looking at my planner there is very little which isn't on sky and isn't American. We tend to do stuff which is kids tele for adults like Dr Who and Merlin.

Did you catch any of the Thorne series on Sky? I thought that was great, and then there was the drama on BBC2 with Lennie James about a copper, with the bint from This is England, lol??

But you are right, companies seem to be stepping away from homegrown dram. But to be frank I very rarely watch terrestrial channels any more.

Maybe the Sony channel will show it from S1 at some point. I'm doing a run through of Spooks at the moment on it. Have BB flagged on Sky Never Miss in case it crops up anywhere on TV.

Do people actually still watch stuff on TV though? I gave up on having a TV many years ago and basically everyone I know now just downloads whole series and watches them in marathons.

Netflix et al cater legally for this kind of viewing and I fully support the idea of this model rather than Sky.

I have to forgo live broadcast (because I am too tight/skint/stubborn to pay for a TV license) and find that all I am missing out on is 24 hour news (which I might sneakily still enjoy), Football (cough...same) and pap like the x factor, celebrity ice murder and 24 hours in your local chippy.

Do people actually still watch stuff on TV though? I gave up on having a TV many years ago and basically everyone I know now just downloads whole series and watches them in marathons.

Netflix et al cater legally for this kind of viewing and I fully support the idea of this model rather than Sky.

I have to forgo live broadcast (because I am too tight/skint/stubborn to pay for a TV license) and find that all I am missing out on is 24 hour news (which I might sneakily still enjoy), Football (cough...same) and pap like the x factor, celebrity ice murder and 24 hours in your local chippy.

Only TV I ever watch 'live' is Doctor Who.

BB is a very marmite show i find, or its definitely a show that people have to be badgered into watching. ive got a few friends who say "i tried it and didn't like it"

I must've watched the pilot 3 or 4 times, but never got round to carrying on. didn't grab me enough. but just recently decided to give it another go (mostly from people on furums going on about how good it gets) and i'm hooked now. got through the first series in an evening.

The more I watch Weeds the more I realise that it's creator is a genius. I also realise that, if you follow the plot to it's natural conclusion there can only ever be a maximum of 10 series (unless in the meantime we discover we are being controlled by beings from another dimension).

Agrestic<Majestic<Regrestic. Genius.

Breaking bad seems to be doing the same, but in a slightly different, darker manner. Breaking bad is definitely much more difficult viewing (but worth it, so worth it)

The more I watch Weeds the more I realise that it's creator is a genius. I also realise that, if you follow the plot to it's natural conclusion there can only ever be a maximum of 10 series (unless in the meantime we discover we are being controlled by beings from another dimension).

Agrestic<Majestic<Regrestic. Genius.

Breaking bad seems to be doing the same, but in a slightly different, darker manner. Breaking bad is definitely much more difficult viewing (but worth it, so worth it)

Weeds is sure genius. How can you mix comedy, drugs, violence and sexyness all in to half an hour?

Even more so when all of the above is gift wrapping on a morality tale which leads the viewer from street dealers to grow houses to gangs to mobsters, quick short cut via evangalists, then on to big pharma and beyond.

The new title sequence is pretty cool (seems to be done by the same people, or at least in the same style, as the education video someone posted some days back).

Going back to last weeks subject of dramas. Considering that 1) it was shown on a Sunday night, and 2) it was on ITV, I thought the first episode of The Last Weekend was decent enough viewing.

Stars that posh bloke from Spooks and the scouse teacher from (surprisingly enough) Teachers.

Weeds is incredible!Normally with long running series you have afew which miss the mark but I genuinely can't fault ANY ofthe previous 7.I'm so gutted that this is the last.

This is the last? We're half way through series 8 and have only just reached big pharma. I thought there would be 2 more series :( Damn shame, but on the other hand some of the best TV/bands are those that knew when to call it quits.

Just watching the season 2 finale of BB now. Episodes 10-12 were incredible as you really start to see the fact the Walt is coming to terms with the fact that he enjoys being heisenberg. The scene where he lets Jane die is unbelievable, especially where it looks like he swallows his guilt as he is stood over her.

Just watching the season 2 finale of BB now. Episodes 10-12 were incredible as you really start to see the fact the Walt is coming to terms with the fact that he enjoys being heisenberg. The scene where he lets Jane die is unbelievable, especially where it looks like he swallows his guilt as he is stood over her.

:lol: Ahh looks like we are at the exact same point and in agreement of BB's brilliance. I am moving on to series 3 after work today. See you on the otherside :lol:

:lol: Ahh looks like we are at the exact same point and in agreement of BB's brilliance. I am moving on to series 3 after work today. See you on the otherside :lol:

The thing thats driving me on is Ive seen little spoilers of season 5 without fully knowing the story and Walt now looks like a nasty mother fucker, I cant wait to see his journey to get there .