Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

No. Sounds interesting though what is it?

a comedy sketch show at its core, but with a decent amount of social comment/make-you-stop-and-think stuff within and around those sketches.

Based on last nights first show it looks like being the best attempt at that sort of things for years, perhaps even decades.

It had me laughing out loud several times. The one I remember was the campaigning/fundraising outside RBS and Lloyds bank HQs, where they were hassling bankers, for an organisation (something like) "GBOMYC" - which stood for "Give Us Back Our Money You c**ts". :lol:

It was a bit puerile in places, but still managed to be very funny with it.

Edited by eFestivals

I think it must be what I caught the last 10 minutes off. Had a sketch involving hypnotherapists? And one about a funeral crasher after the deceased's shoes?

Had lots of actors you know but no idea of their names?

Typical sketch show I thought - some very amusing laugh out loud moments. Some ok stuff, and some that didn't work.

Edited by TheGayTent

I think it must be what I caught the last 10 minutes off. Had a sketch involving hypnotherapists? And one about a funeral crasher after the deceased's shoes?

Had lots of actors you know but no idea of their names?

Typical sketch show I thought - some very amusing laugh out loud moments. Some ok stuff, and some that didn't work.

I was distracted for around the last ten minutes, and don't remember those - but they might well have been in it.

I can't say there were hugely familiar faces in it. Vaguely familiar (to me, anyway), perhaps.

It defo had some stuff that didn't work so well. I thought the fake tory and fake LibDem at the LibDem's conference hassling some of the more famous MPs didn't work so well .... but then again, it did expose just how far politicians will go along with the ridiculous, just so they don't offend anyone; every voter counts. :lol:

This is the last? We're half way through series 8 and have only just reached big pharma. I thought there would be 2 more series :( Damn shame, but on the other hand some of the best TV/bands are those that knew when to call it quits.

Yeah,I'm pretty sure I read somewhere this is the last series.

For me,they could of ended it at the end of the last series as it was the end of an amazing story arc and tied up all the loose ends.This series started to feel like a fresh chapter which is why I was so shocked when I read it is the last.

So after all the love on here for Breaking Bad I decided to get in on it....wow!Started yesterday and already on series 2 episode 5!Really enjoying it but I haven't really got hooked yet.If I never watched it again I could live with that but it is a well written and executed show.Just doesn't have that 'must see tv' factor for me yet.

Just watching the season 2 finale of BB now. Episodes 10-12 were incredible as you really start to see the fact the Walt is coming to terms with the fact that he enjoys being heisenberg. The scene where he lets Jane die is unbelievable, especially where it looks like he swallows his guilt as he is stood over her.

Thanks for the spoiler.Her character just came in,guess I shouldn't expect much from her.

What I find with Breaking bad (and I want to be careful to never give a spoiler) is that it has the capacity to make you sit back after an episode and just go "fuck me", leaving you shocked almost, stunned at what just happened and they end the episode/series leaving you feeling this way. It still does this in the current series, not in every episode, but on a regular basis.

What I find with Breaking bad (and I want to be careful to never give a spoiler) is that it has the capacity to make you sit back after an episode and just go "fuck me", leaving you shocked almost, stunned at what just happened and they end the episode/series leaving you feeling this way. It still does this in the current series, not in every episode, but on a regular basis.

I don't have that with Breaking Bad,had it with Lost,but its fantastically written and different to most stuff out there which is why I'm enjoying it.Sort of how I felt about The West Wing which went on to become my fave show ever.

Also it took me until the end of the second series to realise that the main character is the dad from Malcolm In The Middle!!!!What a performance!Fantastic actor.

• Upvote 1

Keep watching. Totally agree about what you say about Lost, I've not watched the west wing, but might have to check it out soonish :)

*edit* Talking of Lost, anyone watch Fringe? Dr Walter Bishop = my hero.

Edited by Spindles

Keep watching. Totally agree about what you say about Lost, I've not watched the west wing, but might have to check it out soonish :)

*edit* Talking of Lost, anyone watch Fringe? Dr Walter Bishop = my hero.

Love Fringe!!!Only watched up to the last couple of episodes of series 2 though.Walter is amazing and I even really like Joshua Jackson in it aswell.

The West Wing is a political drama written and created by Aaron Sorkin.Fantastic dialogue and expertly written.It's not tv for dummies and requires some thought but its so rewarding.Fantastic cast and lots of appearances from people who are prominent in American tv...it also has Martin Sheen starring as President,reason enough to watch!!!

Thankfully everyone I know who enjoys the shows I do enjoys them the night after they air in the states, but only discuss face to face following the question "have you seen <insert show> yet?"

Spoilers suck. I enjoyed this week's breaking bad.

Thankfully everyone I know who enjoys the shows I do enjoys them the night after they air in the states, but only discuss face to face following the question "have you seen <insert show> yet?"

Spoilers suck. I enjoyed this week's breaking bad.

Non of my friends were to blame. Was pro wrestler Kevin Nash who posted it on Twitter. Obviously deliberate to piss people off.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

Heh, to this day my ex-wife blames me for spoiling The sixth sense, despite us both having it spoiled when watching the eleven o'clock show and them ending with "and for those who haven't seen the sixth sense, Bruce willis is already dead".

Some men just want to see the world burn...

Heh, to this day my ex-wife blames me for spoiling The sixth sense, despite us both having it spoiled when watching the eleven o'clock show and them ending with "and for those who haven't seen the sixth sense, Bruce willis is already dead".

Some men just want to see the world burn...

I watched the Sixth Sense for the first time about three years ago. I didn't even know about the twist ending haha