Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

I don't have TV at home (haven't in about a decade) but download shows from the internet instead. I am a big fan of Dr Who, currently enjoying Falling skies, Breaking bad and Weeds (the only 3 shows I currently watch). I wish there was more good sci-fi about.

I have recently started getting into The Walking Dead and I am catching up on that, really good stuff.

On the comedy side of things Louie is currently half way though season 3 and for me it's the best American comedy series in recent memory.

Loving the newsroom too. It's a bit preachy, but there are some great moments there. Saving Breaking Bad for a while. Think I'll hold fire for the first part of this season then watch it all at once.

There's a few good American comedies out there. I like Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm and Parks and Rec, although mainly for Ron Swanson.

There's a few good American comedies out there. I like Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Wilfred, Curb your Enthusiasm and Parks and Rec, although mainly for Ron Swanson.

Yeah some them are ok but I would say Louie is on a par with Curb Your Enthusiasm for my personal tastes.

Loving the newsroom too. It's a bit preachy, but there are some great moments there. Saving Breaking Bad for a while. Think I'll hold fire for the first part of this season then watch it all at once.

modern family is one of the best comedy series I have watched in a long time. and sofia vergara is absolutely stunning in it, as well as bein incredibly funny, her helicopter impression cracks me up every time. and the way phil can often be caught out looking at her etc.

Louie season 3 is more of the same great comedy from CK, the one with robin williams is brilliant. the drama is great in louie too.

breaking bad is once again gripping, still havent watched this weeks yet, but should be rectifying that this evening.

Edited by t8yman

Good to have some recommendations, Big bang theory is a real winner for me (Sheldon is my hero) and the walking dead was also great (although the series are a little short) and I love that you can be watching an episode and just get sideswiped by a plot turn you would never have guessed.

Now I think about it, Fringe is also a favourite here,if only for Walter Bishop.

Going to have a bath and watch a show, I think.

Currently watching Dollhouse, great show but I do wonder why in every episode Eliza Dushku is meant to be playing a completely different character yet still acts like Eliza Duhku in every episode. Since I can't watch the rest of the boxet without my girlfriend I've started watching Adam West's Batman fucking brilliant, it's insane that they can't sort out releasing a boxset. They would have made millions if they had timed it with a release of any of the Batman movies.

Currently watching Dollhouse, great show but I do wonder why in every episode Eliza Dushku is meant to be playing a completely different character yet still acts like Eliza Duhku in every episode. Since I can't watch the rest of the boxet without my girlfriend I've started watching Adam West's Batman fucking brilliant, it's insane that they can't sort out releasing a boxset. They would have made millions if they had timed it with a release of any of the Batman movies.

Batman is brilliant. Adam West was way ahead of his time.

Time has only made that show even funnier.

I love how the first episode features Batman going to a club, pulling, getting wasted and then attempting to drink-drive and yelling at the police "I have to go after Robin!" :lol:

Edited by Purple Monkey

Batman is brilliant. Adam West was way ahead of his time.

Time has only made that show even funnier.

I love how the first episode features Batman going to a club, pulling, getting wasted and then attempting to drink-drive and yelling at the police "I have to go after Robin!" :lol:

I love the Adam West cameos on Family Guy. Some are laugh out loud funny. I am surprised he can keep a straight face.

I watched the 1st few episodes of Battlestar Galactica last night and it's surprisingly really good. When it came out a few years ago I had pretty much wrote it off as a crappy sci-fi franchise revive like Stargate SGI or Star Trek Enterprise but I'd put it closer to shows like The Wire where it's very dark and focuses more on internal politics than anything else.

I watched the 1st few episodes of Battlestar Galactica last night and it's surprisingly really good. When it came out a few years ago I had pretty much wrote it off as a crappy sci-fi franchise revive like Stargate SGI or Star Trek Enterprise but I'd put it closer to shows like The Wire where it's very dark and focuses more on internal politics than anything else.

Yeah it's brilliant. I really should finish watching the 4th series though.

Newest episode of Breaking Bad was absolutely incredible!

Just getting through season 2 on my lunch breaks at work. Love everthing about the show and seeing the odd spoiler here and there I think the slow burn of the earlier seasons is great as I cant wait to see Walts transformation from where I am now , episode 8, upto how is mindset and personality is in season 5. Amazing show.

Edited by swede