Who's watching what on tv

tinygreendragon

It's been a while so let's go:

South Park being so South Park in the new season opener was fun. Let's hope they keep that up.

I think Upstart Crow is a return to form for Ben Elton. The Aaaaac...TING is so over the top spot on. Steve Speirs does a better Brian Blessed than Brian Blessed. The Theartar. Lovey Darlings.

Always watch Better Call Saul. Love it, but usually find myself thinking "yawn, get on with it". Way too many places where it's yeah we get the point, move on with the story.

The Good Place is back. Looking forward to that.

I have generally avoided anything from Channel 5 (being extremely South-East meant I had no choice pre digital) but I'm properly impressed by Michael Palin in North Korea getting all The King & I on their arses (as much as he dare). That look on his "tour guide"'s face when he said, "This is what I used to do", and showed her The Fish Dance footage :) And also the look when he questioned her on how we view our leaders and each others nations. It was like you could almost hear the synapses in her brain having to rewire themselves. And failing.

Bodyguard obviously. The Press is interesing but it's no Hot Metal.

I've been a fan of Bojack since the start. How has that not exploded like The Simpsons or Rick & Morty did when they began. It's five seasons in and I've never heard anyone mention it outside of the internet/never seen a T-Shirt. Baffling.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Retro P said:

Been letting it build up to binge which is unlike me, usually devour it weekly. Feel like nothing is touching it acting-wise so far. Rhea Seehorn gets better every season. 

She is a stand out. There's a cold open later on that is an amazing bit of TV. Mike and Jimmy's stories pick up the pace this season.

This series of Better Call Saul was incredible. So great/exciting to see everything slowly line up with Breaking Bad's timeline, and I do wonder if the next season will be the last, leaving both this and Breaking Bad with 5 seasons (although BB's was split in to two so maybe this will get an extended season as well).

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

This series of Better Call Saul was incredible. So great/exciting to see everything slowly line up with Breaking Bad's timeline, and I do wonder if the next season will be the last, leaving both this and Breaking Bad with 5 seasons (although BB's was split in to two so maybe this will get an extended season as well).

I would personally be okay with it being the last. Get it all connected nicely and be done. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I’m on the fence about watching this one. I enjoyed the first series, but didn’t really feel another was needed. It’s on my list, but may take a while to reach the front.

So the star of s2 is Kathleen Zellner, Steven's new lawyer. Not sure how much you've kept up with the case since s1 but she is fascinating to watch and see what she's been tweeting about these past few years actually in action. She basically pisses all over the evidence that was used to convict Steven. She recreates and reenacts to try and make things they way the state said it was.

Daredevil S3 was back to season one’s high standard, good enough to convince to dive back into the Netflix marvel cannon that I’ve avoided. Making A Murderer S2 may have to wait, it looks a touch off putting this time. Just remembered a new Good Place ep must’ve hit today too, still the best thing on there. 

Edited by Retro P
Bad spells

The Good Place podcast is also very good. Hosted by the actor who plays Shawn and usually has an actor (including the stars) and someone from the production side as guests. The show is so densely packed with jokes and ideas that it's easy to miss stuff. Even the actors miss stuff and have to be corrected or have it pointed out by say, a writer

I'm catching up with Frequency on Netflix.

I'm loving all the Butterfly Effect stuff going down.

It doesnt really make scientific or logical sense, I don't think, but the causation interplay is still fascinating. And how an observer's consciousness would be impacted.