"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

2 hours ago, Heather90 said:

So if I remember  correctly you thought Kinks were the most likely big secret. Who would you put your money on now? I assume the reunion is not happning if he's playing pretty big solo gigs

Unless you know but can't tell ;)

Kinks seemed like a could-happen option - or at least, more than stuff like (say) The Smiths. That's a long way less than 'most likely'.

I'd say a solo show rules that possibility out, unless it were to be a true one-of. Could happen i suppose, tho i doubt it.

Haven't thought much beyond that, so don't have another guess.

2 hours ago, swede said:

Btw Neil, I'm not expecting you to tell us what it is  as I for one am looking forward to the surprise but do you know what the big secret is ? 

If you do know is it worth the fuss and worth Emily sitting on it for 6 months ? 

nope, i don't know and don't really have any ideas.

My presumption is that it's something special rather than just-another-band-on-the-bill cos that's my take of how Emily said it, tho she's not adverse to going over the top with 'fantastic' and the like at other times so perhaps its just that again.

1 minute ago, Franky said:

What if they have constructed a double sized Olympic swimming pool because they already know the weather is going to be amazing ! 

With The KLF as lifeguards .......... obviously    B) 

Have an up vote - I'm having the shitiest of shitty days and that just made me chuckle xx

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope, i don't know and don't really have any ideas.

My presumption is that it's something special rather than just-another-band-on-the-bill cos that's my take of how Emily said it, tho she's not adverse to going over the top with 'fantastic' and the like at other times so perhaps its just that again.

I think if it was Michael who said it I'd be more inclined to take it with a pinch of salt 

58 minutes ago, musky said:

A video on FB appears to show... precisely nothing of interest.

It does seem to rule out the idea that the Other will have two stages though.

https://www.facebook.com/pughmatt/videos/10154608751506464/

It's too big to upload here so you'll have to be on FB to view it unfortunately.

Will that make the second stage the Other Other stage?

3 minutes ago, mph said:

Were the screens at west holts last year ? Couldn't get a ticket  so don't know. That would be a big change, hope there are 

Yes. Sometimes they were brilliant, like Underworld. Other times, when you've got jazz in the middle of the day, you can  fall into the trick of staring at a screen instead of just walking a bit closer and watching them directly.

On the whole, a plus.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

On the whole, a plus.

I think you're right, but a part of me liked it being kinda old-skool without screens, which seemed to suit the music that was on at WH. It was more about the music than it being in any way flashy or a 'show'. But of course we've had FKA Twigs and Goldfrapp there in recent years (both brilliant) so screens are probably needed there now