Paramore

akelly182

9 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

be interested to see how they work the setlist for this tour to squeeze in new stuff tbh. the setlists from their last UK shows three years ago were already stacked with undroppables and they didn't even play crushcrushcrush

If the rest of the new album follows the sound of Hard Times, which going by what they've said in interviews, then it'll be interesting to see what the setlist in general will be like. Can't quite see songs like Pressure, Misery Business etc sitting well next to the likes of Hard Times.

I'm not sure why but I can't picture them at Glastonbury. Maybe it's because of their relative infrequent UK visits and having a history of good slots at other UK fests. To me it feels like they're a band who'd rather get a prominent slot to a crowd who will all be eating out of their hands than play a lower slot at G.

I think they are a band who aren't big enough to headline, but might have been too successful to think (rightly or wrongly) they should accept a lower slot? May be well off the mark though.

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm not sure why but I can't picture them at Glastonbury. Maybe it's because of their relative infrequent UK visits and having a history of good slots at other UK fests. To me it feels like they're a band who'd rather get a prominent slot to a crowd who will all be eating out of their hands than play a lower slot at G.

I think they are a band who aren't big enough to headline, but might have been too successful to think (rightly or wrongly) they should accept a lower slot? May be well off the mark though.

They might want to hold off until they become a defacto reading headliner and then start slipping again like biffy

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Hopefully they do a mahoosive joint tour with Foals with Everything Everything in support or something.

Paramore have been all over Tame Impala since they released Currents... now that's a dream co-headline tour right there!

Christ that new song really does sound like a Foals album track. Not feeling the new direction tbh - I come to Paramore for huge soaring hooky sing along choruses, which neither of the two new songs have (Hard Times is kind of catchy but I struggle to get excited about it). Fair play for them trying something different but if the rest of the album follows this direction then I can't see it topping their last one.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ that new song really does sound like a Foals album track. Not feeling the new direction tbh - I come to Paramore for huge soaring hooky sing along choruses, which neither of the two new songs have (Hard Times is kind of catchy but I struggle to get excited about it). Fair play for them trying something different but if the rest of the album follows this direction then I can't see it topping their last one.

Yeah I would say the last one was better, but this will direction isn't Paramore. Someone said about V but a other record like this and when you group up their tour set together they won't be out of place. 

I'd see them and probably be sorely underwhelmed. Saw them on the telly for Reading '14, when they were co-headlining. And yes, sound problems, and so forth, but even then, it just came across as a bit s***. If we're going to yank up a R+L headliner of the '14 vintage, then lets have QOTSA (surely someone can convince them to drop their commitments in Canada and come over for the big G on the Farm).