• Other

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I got what I believe to be my first and only case of hayfever in 2010, eyes were streaming all weekend. Was gone by the time I got back and never had it since. Odd. 

Ha, snap.  I had to get tablets it was so bad, not had it before or since, how weird.  Just out of interest where were you camped?

5 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Ha, snap.  I had to get tablets it was so bad, not had it before or since, how weird.  Just out of interest where were you camped?

We were in Dairy Ground that year. My missus gets it so there was piriton in the tent but it didn't do much good.

What a strange coincidence. 

20 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I got what I believe to be my first and only case of hayfever in 2010, eyes were streaming all weekend. Was gone by the time I got back and never had it since. Odd. 

My husband had the same - eyes went absolutely scarlet and streaming like a streamy thing.  Got so bad that he couldn't see so had to take him to the medical tent.  They reckoned it was due to the dust rather than anything else.  Got wraparound sunglasses for him and a shed load of antihistamines and he was fine.  Looked bloody silly like, but he was fine.  More like that would be perfect, thank you kindly.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Get a nasal spray like Beconase and start using it a few weeks before the festival regardless of what the forecast looks like.  When I use it it seems to work cumulatively, whereas if you just use it once or twice it doesn't seem to have the same effect.

I have to do that pretty much all summer either way, I get the hay fever bad if I'm not massively medicated (rock n roll). Never really affected me at Glastonbury up until Saturday 2015, right after Sleaford Mods I just started sneezing constantly, the kind of sneeze where it rattles your brain inside your skull. Got an insane headache like I've never got before. I remember going to the Greenfields and a load of sandal wearers tutting at me because I was sat at the back sneezing like that little panda all the way through Caroline Lucas talking about housing. Felt like absolute shit, was drinking heavily to try to numb it. Finally seemed to subside during Father John Misty, up until then I was thinking of going back to the tent and sleeping until night. Got back on top and then headed down to see Todd Terje and all was well.

2013 was perfect not as hot as 2010 but beautiful and sunny/dry with the exception of that downpour on Thursday than kept the dust levels down

2010 was actually my first year and did think I was gonna die in my tent by 7.30am each morning lol but would take that weather over rain any day :) 

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

I just remember the dust bowl more than anything, had chesty cough for weeks and blowing brown shit out my nose for a few days lol

I got an eye infection in 2010 from a dry contact lens, dust didn't help - spent the Thursday and Friday only really able to open one eye, which pained with the blinding sun. The heat itself didn't bother me too much, as you knew the night was going to be superb.

1999 didn't seem a scorcher, except waiting in the long car park queues to get out on the Monday.  A few rain showers around too, notably during Travis's set. 2000 and 2002 seemed fairly similar.

9 hours ago, whisty said:

2010 was horrible, worse than 2007, there I've said it. 

Now now! Let's not say things we can't take back. 2010 was beautiful, when I think about 2007 I still shiver. 

2015 had some decent heat too from what I can remember? I remember baking quite a lot at the coach stop as we queued for days. 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

11am wednesday morning 2010..... 

Lets say I had issues with the sun

I was even worse in 2015. Had people coming up to me seeing if I was ok.

Ill take the cloud

FB_IMG_1489439710764.jpg

Ouch fella had the same issue as didn't put sunscreen on as we waited in a 3hr queue to get in

2 hours ago, Kizzie said:

My better half suffered similarly, she had streaming eyes and sneezing fits. She needed eye drops which got her through the weekend though. Never happened before or since. Very odd. We were Cockmill Meadow but I think it was the dust down in the valley that caused it. 

2000 was the best sunshine year for me - sunny, not too hot and Bowie.

1995 was probably the hottest festival I've been to (unless you count Benicassim which was unbearable throughout).

2010 was lovely, sunny and not too hot (although I must admit I wasn't staying in a tent that year).

2003 was muggy, dry, and not that hot from what I recall.

Special mention should go to the Wednesday and Thursday of 2005 (long forgotten after the storm that followed!), and the Sunday of 2011 (Paul Simon was excruciating).

10 hours ago, craigb said:

I remember people battling for shade in 2010. 

Shangri La was the place to be with the old alleyways. I dropped on working behind the scenes at Shangri la that year and had shade most of the day. 

Surely 2013 gets an honorable mention. I know it rained on the Thursday? But the weekend was scorchio. 

2013 was perfect.  I remember the DJ in the Silent Disco in The Park announcing it had stopped raining about 11PM and the atmosphere from then on in was incredible. 

2010 was a bit hot for my liking at times.  Rather that than too much rain, though.