Most / Least Popular headliner on this board

FuzzyDunlop

Efests has a different opinion on music in the main to the outside world.

Whilst Ed Sheeran is going to be a popular headliner around the country, on here he is the least popular headliner I can remember since Mumfords. (Admittedly I was a lurker and without a ticket, I stayed off this board that year)

Whilst Kanye had a lot of bile lobbed at him (even on here) - there were still quite a few on here who couldn't wait for him to headline.

Other than the odd voice, Red Ed is pretty unpopular on here. More so than any other potential headliner I think.

Is he Efests least popular headliner?

Stones being the most? 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Ed is a bad headliner. Kid has obviously got skills and I think he will put on a good show. Personally I neither particularly like or dislike his music, I wouldn't really moan if my group wanted to go see him but neither would it get me excited. I find him very middle of the road.

M&S are a bit of marmite whereas Ed is Jam, I prefer Marmalade though.

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Nah I think Mumfords were a lot more unpopular than our Eddy. To this day people still pop up (incorrectly) insisting M&S weren't big enough to headline, if anybody makes that claim of Ed they don't do so in enough numbers to be noticeable.

I dont think anyone says Sheeran isn't big enough, but on here - he isn't liked. Very few have said they would watch him, a lot less than Kanye

Mumfords, to my mind, were definitely the most unpopular. Like Zac said, with Mumfords a lot of people just couldn't fathom why they were headlining and didn't think they were big enough. At least with Ed, regardless of what everybody thinks of his music he ain't playing anywhere other than at the top of bills for a long long time, and personally I just can't hate him 'cause he's living the absolute dream. Every time I see an interview with him he looks just as confused as to how he got to this point as I am.

Edited by FloorFiller

I saw Kanye on the premise that he could have done something incredible. I think a lot of people probably did the same. Safe to say I left the stage that night gutted that I wasn't at Deadmau5. Also I think away from these forums Ed would be seen as a more popular headliner than Radiohead, which is of course blasphemy! I'm already dreading the potential Friday clash nightmare....

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont think anyone says Sheeran isn't big enough, but on here - he isn't liked. Very few have said they would watch him, a lot less than Kanye

probably true. But more 'apathy' than active dislike, like FF alluded to

4 minutes ago, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

I suppose in hindsight some people got to see Lou Reed before he died?

For a second I thought you meant Lou Reed had come out with Kasabian :wacko:

Edited by Zac Quinn

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Is there really that much hatred towards Ed on this board? To me it feels more like apathy than strong dislike. I was more annoyed at Muse and Coldplay from last year.

Might just be me then!

He deserves the gig more than the continued repeaters Coldplay & Muse, only as he hasn't done it - but he annoys the fuck out of me. More than any act I can ever think of.

30 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just to be controversial, I loved Kanye and wouldn't watch The Stones if they were in my back garden 

I'm sure you can get treatment for that, but that's the beauty of music isn't it, I'd rather be stripped naked covered in honey and thrown to a pack of bears than have to listen to any of Kanyes 'noise' but I'll  happily do the same if it meant I could see the stones in their pomp.

i think it also depends if you see an act live or on TV, people on here rave about Beyoncé, watching it on tv however, from what I saw all she did was run around the stage yelling 'hello glaston-berry' whilst her backing singers sung her songs, but of course you can't see that when you are there.

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I'm sure you can get treatment for that, but that's the beauty of music isn't it, I'd rather be stripped naked covered in honey and thrown to a pack of bears than have to listen to any of Kanyes 'noise' but I'll  happily do the same if it meant I could see the stones in their pomp.

i think it also depends if you see an act live or on TV, people on here rave about Beyoncé, watching it on tv however, from what I saw all she did was run around the stage yelling 'hello glaston-berry' whilst her backing singers sung her songs, but of course you can't see that when you are there.

You better watch yourself. Criticise Beyoncé round these parts and you'll be run out of town on a rail.