Metal, rock, alternative 2017

swede

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I had six hopefuls for this year which are QOTSA, Weezer, The Kills, SOAD, Iggy Pop and The Hives but with Iggy and QOTSA in Canada on the same weekend I have doubts

Weezer would be brilliant, I'm a bit gutted Jimmy Eat World are a Leeds/Reading exclusive. Caught them in Manchester a few months ago and their live set is as good as ever. I read somewhere Iggy is playing elsewhere that weekend? 

19 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Weezer would be brilliant, I'm a bit gutted Jimmy Eat World are a Leeds/Reading exclusive. Caught them in Manchester a few months ago and their live set is as good as ever. I read somewhere Iggy is playing elsewhere that weekend? 

Are weezer totally ruled out now? I had hope for prophets of rage. Gutted they are busy. Iggy is playing a fest in Canada I believe. Shame that, I thought he was a bit of a cert to be fair. Still you never know

28 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I reckon Weezer would be fun opening on the Friday morning, yea iggy and QOTSA are at the same festival no day/times confirmed yet though so could possibly do Friday in Canada and Sunday at Glasto? 

On the basis of tour dates I'll be disappointed if we miss out on any of King Gizz, Pond, Real Estate, Hives, Sunflower Bean, Preoccupations or Japandroids.

Gutted about (almost certainly) missing out on Iggy again. Given the weather 2007 wasn't a bad year to miss but I'd have loved to have been at that Other stage set.

Blue Oyster Cult definitely a shout for Friday or Saturday - the problem being that I can't figure out where the hell you'd put them. I'd love them to be there, since Stone Free looks unlikely and I'd likely plump for Rainbow anyroad but I haven't the foggiest where they would go,

Intro to Don't Fear the Reaper would go down excellent - but what stage and time, is the thought... I couldn't see more than 2,000 showing for Blue Oyster so I imagine an early slot on JP or Pyramid?

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is anyone noteworthy in Rainbow these days other than Ritchie Blackmore?

“Blackmore will be joined by former stalwart Meister Bob on bass, Blackmore’s Night drummer David Keith, Stratovarius keyboardist Jens Johansson, and singer Ronnie Romero – who Blackmore describes as ‘Ronnie James Dio meets Freddie Mercury.’"

So, no.

On 17/10/2016 at 11:23 AM, waterfalls212434 said:

id echo this, longtime gallows fan....but having seen them with and without, without frank they seem half the act they used to be live, the rattlesnakes have some good tunes anyway but that guy is one of the most intense frontmen of his generation. 

You can definitely mosh to them. 

1 hour ago, Neondrift said:

Twenty One Pilots would be incredible! One of the best live bands I have ever seen. Would be an awesome sub for Green Day (if anyone is still believing that rumour).. This is such a great live song - 

I'd like to see them too, seem to have a lot of energy on stage

I would love to see NIN, Faith No More and Pearl Jam play in the future. Would have loved AC/DC to headline but I feel that it's probably too late for that now. Limp bizkit would be a good laugh but they will probably stick to doing the obligatory Reading slot every couple of years. Imagine Michael getting on stage to join in on vocals for hot dog......

its a shame that metal / heavy rock is so poorly represented in general, it has improved the last few years but seriously surely they could stick just 2 or 3 more on, they don't even have to be the biggest bands. There have been large crowds for pretty much all the metal acts they have put on the last few years so i think the demand is there.

Bring Me The Horizon was one of my highlights last year (and I am not even a massive fan) yet thought they were very impressive, maybe the setting sunshine and me being right down the front enhanced the experience. Was Great seeing Motorhead, especially since Lemmy has sadly passed away. Saw Enter Shikari couple years ago when they headlined the John Peel tent, again one of my highlights. 

The strong rumour is Green Day are playing, which would be good, seen them live a couple times before and they always deliver.

My biggest hope for this year would be QOTSA as I have never seen them live and I didn't get tickets for 2011 so missed them. 

Also Give me any of this lot please: Rammstein, Biffy Clyro, Bloodhound Gang, Death from Above 1979, Deftones, The Hives, Jimmy Eat World, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, The Offspring, Paramore, SOAD, Weezer.....ps. I know even getting 1 of these would be a result:lol: