Torn to shreds

Glasto peaches

Last year my feet were torn to shreds and I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on how to minimise this happening again. They've been sore before on previous times but last year was particularly bad.  I tried the blister plasters, memory foam insoles but they still were f*cked.  I'm not sure if I can afford walking boots.  Thank you guys and massive good luck for the tickets this mornin.  

9 minutes ago, Glasto peaches said:

Last year my feet were torn to shreds and I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on how to minimise this happening again. They've been sore before on previous times but last year was particularly bad.  I tried the blister plasters, memory foam insoles but they still were f*cked.  I'm not sure if I can afford walking boots.  Thank you guys and massive good luck for the tickets this mornin.  

TBH I just use some dunlop wellies at £10/12 and a nice thick pair of wellies socks....heat soakers usually.

I got lucky on ebay and got a pair of leather walking boots for £10 which fit really well. They are amazingly comfy and have lasted 3 muddy Glastonburys so far with plenty of life left in them. I put a pair of Sorbothane cush n step insoles in them which are very thick (just need to make sure your wellies/boots have room for them). 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sorbothane-Cush-Step-Insoles-5-6-5/dp/B0056PS62S/ref=sr_1_12_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1476012612&sr=8-12&keywords=sorbothane&th=1

I failed to get my act together to buy new wellies so ended up wearing the same wellies that completely wrecked my feet in 2015.  But this time I had gel insoles and lovely soft Karrimor merino blend walking socks which feel wonderful.  Only damage I sustained was when both wellies were snatched simultaneously by the mud.  Peeled off mud-caked socks and put bare feet in wellies, got a blister walking to the nearest stall selling socks!

4 hours ago, Glasto peaches said:

I'm not sure if I can afford walking boots. 

you can.  fucked feet will ruin  glastonbury. I used walking boots (merrel moabs) proper walking socks that wick (see 1000 mile above) and a pair of cheap gaiters from trespass.  my feet were dry all weekend, and i was working in the markets in calf deep slosh for most of the weekend.  dry and unblistered feet for me. 

I bit the bullet and paid out for Hunters this year. So glad I did since I didn't get the usual numb toe and soggy feet issues I get - although they are a bugger to get off when they're caked with mud since there's no pull tabs on them!

Edit: I also paid out for some proper cotton hiking socks, they were £10 each but worth their weight in gold!

Edited by lyndseyo
more info