2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

I managed to persuade my other half to agree to try for coach tickets. I'm a bit nervy as I have a feeling there's going to be more to the booking process what with choosing coaches and that, I'll probably cock up somehow!

When we got coach tickets in 2015 the guy that got through somehow managed to only get a single and not returns for us all. I understand why they offer singles but its something to watch out all the same. I was just happy to be going - the coming back part wasn't on the agenda for quite the while.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They also say it has been confirmed that 2010 will be a fallow year...........

hahahaha didn't notice that.

Ever since the Indy went online only they have gone shit. None of the articles can be read through without noticing at least ONE typo :P

I posted this in the Refreshinator thread, but GF office just emailed a reply to me today saying:

This app, like any other auto-refresh application, would be considered 'multi hit' technology.

Any IPs found to be using such software risk being blocked

Best wishes

Glastonbury Festival

Regardless of whether the app considers itself multi-hit software, as far as the Festival is concerned, it is.

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Just now, tullux said:

but how will they notice, that i use the app. i am sure, that i did not send them any details how i will get through..

If you're sending the site as many refresh requests as they show you can in their demo video, that's going to get their attention. And you can be sure See will be looking out for it. The only way to hedge your bets is to set it to refresh every second or something (a rate humanly possible). If you do that, you might as well just F5 it like normal.

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Agreed, mungo. I imagine some will use it and get away with it, but imagine being blocked and unable to buy anything.

The risk isn't worth it, in my opinion.

Its a tough one, because if it does work then there is the risk of being up against thousands of people who have an advantage.

The app only refreshes the page every second, I'm pretty sure you don't have to have reflexes as fast as Mr Miyagi to be able to press F5 every second... There's no way See will know that you're using the app, if you wanted to you could press F5 several times in a second. The point of using the app is that it stops refreshing when the page changes - if you're manually pressing F5 every second you won't have a clue whether or not the page has changed.

Something I've always been a bit confused about is the constant tapping of F5 - Whenever I refresh a page like getting tickets sometimes it never loads, and sometimes it takes forever to load? 

To get it straight do people advocate constantly mashing F5 and pull your finger away like the key is on fire if you see the enter details page... or is the advice push it, wait for page to load, if not the details page push it again?

Side note: refreshinator sounds dodgy AF.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd only ever hit F5 / reload the page once the page has loaded and you can confirm it's not the booking page.

How frequently that happens will depend on how quickly the page loads are taking.

^ This...every time.

This is also where a manual refresh has the advantage over this Refreshinator thing....with manual F5-ing you wait until you are certain you haven't got a booking page, whereas Refreshinator will simply refresh after a set time period.  With F5-ing you will see any booking page that is slow to load, but Refreshinator may do another refresh before it loads, and lose what might have been your only chance.

in terms of frequency you don't have to wait for the page to fully load before hitting F5 either...simply watching the tab title is usually enough to know its not a booking page.  I reckon I still get near enough an F5 every 2 seconds assuming the response is pretty instantaneous. 

20 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

If Refreshinator is used by a good amount of people, who all later get their tickets voided, what do we think would happen to those tickets? A possible secret sale before April, or will more go back into the pot during the official resale?

I imagine it depends when it is voided, I imagine if it is before the main resale it would be logical to resell them then rather than having to manage an additional sale

I won't be using the app but I will likely add an auto-refresh plug in on one browser. I usually go for the F5 approach and let things load whilst hitting refresh on everything else. 

The main reason I won't be using the app is the developers do not deserve to pocket money from desperate festival goers. They'll be laughing - especially if the app breaks because too many people use it.

The only benefit I guess is if it increases site traffic and the SEE servers can't handle it?