West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I saw that the MC of the West Holts stage has confirmed she'll be there and said something like "I can't tell you who's playing but it's all your favourite albums from last year" or something. I know it's a purposely vague statement but does that help much with who's to come? She's not wrong if we're looking at ATCQ, Paak, Solange, Avalanches, BBNG and Justice off the back of reasonably-to-very well received  2016 albums.

That means Beyonce! YAAAASSSS

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, I feel like Pablo said:

wow so are we seriously thinking about ATCQ being there on the friday?

i have been thinking they might be a surprise act until my fiancé stared checking their schedule the other day and saw they're playing Roskilde on the Saturday :/ 

I think that's just the first day of Roskilde, like Glastonbury starts on Wednesday but no bands play.

Does seem rather likely with it being a big festival on a free weekend in the middle of their tour and Q-Tip playing before and all that. I think Neil said that the news is from someone connected to Andy Paak's people, and it makes sense that they'd know as he'll probably hop on for a song. I wish it wasn't true (for Friday night at least) but it all adds up, sadly.

April 2017 Me laughs at October 2016 Me's stubborn insistence that nothing could tear him away from Radiohead on the Pyramid. I think if Tribe Friday happens, I'm just gonna assess where I am vibewise at precisely the moment I need to decide which direction to head in for a prime spot at either.  

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Blood Orange and Anohni immediately sprung to mind but neither seem to be touring properly. I wonder if Kero Kero and the lads got a call.

Dev's album was amazing,and I think I put it as my #2 of 2016, but weren't the live shows widely reported to be quite crap? I started off really liking Anohni's, but it just grated on me with how #issues it was with repeated listens. I hope KKB will be there, but I don't really think WH would be the stage for them.

4 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Dev's album was amazing,and I think I put it as my #2 of 2016, but weren't the live shows widely reported to be quite crap? I started off really liking Anohni's, but it just grated on me with how #issues it was with repeated listens. I hope KKB will be there, but I don't really think WH would be the stage for them.

Dunno neffew, I can't recall ever hearing a single live review of him. And yeah I felt the same about Hopelessness but it worked sonically at least and was pretty heartfelt in parts.

And nah I think KKB harness enough vital elements to be at home on a stage like West Holts. I'm not quite sure how it'd go on a big outdoor stage but I'd happily sample it.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I feel like I remember poor reviews of Blood Orange's shows, too.

Yeah I remember watching a few live videos of his 2014 Coachella set and it sounded pretty ropey, including largely his voice. Maybe he's improved since but it definitely dampened my want of seeing him live back then.

16 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I really enjoyed when I saw Blood Orange last year, but some reviews of the gig weren't as favourable 

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ack! Hope he's okay

Ahh Funkateers! We made it out of surgery by the Grace of the "One". Now I gotta get my hearing back in my right ear. The tumor was attached to my Ear Drum, which has affected my euallibrium as well. Keep Holdin' me up Funkateers! (SHARE THE LOVE VIBES & PRAYERS! Let their P-Moe-Funk!

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As mentioned in another thread, bad news for those of you hoping for ATCQ to end your Friday night:

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/2017/ice-cube-plays-instead-of-a-tribe-called-quest

Pretty sweet they've got Ice Cube as a replacement at Roskilde, although somehow I don't see Glastonbury being so lucky.

That is a massive cat amongst the pidgeons bit of news. They hadn't even been officially stated to come but I'd already put them down as my Fri night headliner. Fuck

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As mentioned in another thread, bad news for those of you hoping for ATCQ to end your Friday night:

http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/news/2017/ice-cube-plays-instead-of-a-tribe-called-quest

Pretty sweet they've got Ice Cube as a replacement at Roskilde, although somehow I don't see Glastonbury being so lucky.

The evil part of me is happy because I couldn't go see them as Radiohead clashed.

Real shame though