Charlotte Church's Pop Dungeon

Keithy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Out of curiosity...as Lekido Lord of Lobsters are playing again this year....what were they like?

I didn't actually hang about (although lots of other people were), but I'd describe it as cheesy eighties pop.

Although cult brilliance works as well. :)

Ended up in the club part of the rabbit hole (not sure if that's the main one or not) both the Saturday and Sunday. Waltzing right up to the decks Saturday night to see Jamie Jones on the 1s and 2s fully off his cake was a great party though, would definitely recommend getting there at some point 

55 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Cult brilliance.

PPKK

39 minutes ago, musky said:

I didn't actually hang about (although lots of other people were), but I'd describe it as cheesy eighties pop.

Although cult brilliance works as well. :)

Added to my list in that case!

It's two tents stuck to each other. Both over capacity selling hidiusly priced drinks. Probably the most over rated experience you will have at the festival.

(IMO of course)

7 hours ago, bigbilly said:

It's two tents stuck to each other. Both over capacity selling hidiusly priced drinks. Probably the most over rated experience you will have at the festival.

(IMO of course)

So where would you recommend?  

It's only my second Glastonbury and I'd like to try some of the smaller places, I liked the Bimble Inn last time and went to a few other bars (but can't remember now what they were called).  Just looking for a good laugh but not dance music!

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

So where would you recommend?  

It's only my second Glastonbury and I'd like to try some of the smaller places, I liked the Bimble Inn last time and went to a few other bars (but can't remember now what they were called).  Just looking for a good laugh but not dance music!

I really liked the Tricketts Bar last year. It's in the Park area but further up the hill than the Stonebridge etc, great views. 

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I really liked the Tricketts Bar last year. It's in the Park area but further up the hill than the Stonebridge etc, great views. 

Thanks!  I'll add that to my list of places to look out for!  What sort of place is it music-wise, drinks etc?

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Thanks!  I'll add that to my list of places to look out for!  What sort of place is it music-wise, drinks etc?

I genuinely can't remember the type of music, but I'm sure it wasn't dance-y. It was predominately a craft ale and cider bar, but it also did mainline spirits. Tried a couple of the ales/beers between us and they were all really good.

6 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I genuinely can't remember the type of music, but I'm sure it wasn't dance-y. It was predominately a craft ale and cider bar, but it also did mainline spirits. Tried a couple of the ales/beers between us and they were all really good.

Ale - great!  Just the answer I was looking for!

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still happening? Seems to have disappeared from the official app.

Usually go to the SE corner on the last night, but seemed busier than ever last year. Never been to the Rabbit Hole either, so was looking forward to something a bit different.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Give it time. He doesn't have the years behind him. 

Now seems as good a time as any to mention what I think was Miks first ever Glastonbury gig. 2007. Wednesday morning. The Banyan Tree Cafe. Most of the time they had it running as open mic.. (until they got shut down for noise violations a few days later and not invited back since)

Various people come and go, the most popular being a bloke who did a couple of jungle book songs. Anyway, Mik comes on, plays the song we don't talk about anymore and maybe one other - but mostly rants about how he has a band, honest, but they've abandoned him.. We didn't believe him, at all and I suspect most people in the tent didn't either.

A couple days later I came across him with band on another stage. Straight on the phone "you know that mental bloke we saw..."

Couldn't find him on the internet afterwards though, mainly because i foolishly misspelt both Mik and Artistic.

Johnny (and Benson) had had enough and formed another fucking band.

My brother ordered the live DVD for an Xmas present for me but they mucked up the order, so he has cooking his dinner one night at home mid January and the phone went and the man himself was on the end of the line trying to make amends.

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

This was bonkers but incredible. Fucked up both throat and feet (most treacherous mud on site in there!) but loved it. Will be there next year!

The Rabbit hole was ridiculously bad with the mus considering it was s covered venue.

glad I made the effort though