Download 2017

Hart Attack

Our good friend AC is being uncharacteristically quiet.

Maybe he's acclimatising his followers to a new zero-interaction policy in advance of the onslaught of abuse on Thursday . 

Still, here's hoping fora killer line up. 

I'll be spunking my hard earned cash into the Live Nation coffers whatever happens.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

Our good friend AC is being uncharacteristically quiet.

Maybe he's acclimatising his followers to a new zero-interaction policy in advance of the onslaught of abuse on Thursday . 

Still, here's hoping fora killer line up. 

I'll be spunking my hard earned cash into the Live Nation coffers whatever happens.

To be fair to AC the only problem with his bookings is the sheer repetition of the big acts and not booking bands like RHCP and Green Day, however even if he did book them some metal elitists would complain. You can't really fault his undercard, always pulls out some good bookings in there.

10 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just came on forums for first time in ages and it took me to page 11, so anything between there and here, I haven't read. Wanna catch me up folks?

SoaD are playing Download France, Spain and a load of other Euro Fests around Download UK.

A7x are still a favourite despite no festival announcements in Europe.

Metallica were written off but are seemingly back on as Zegut says Download France are going to announce them on Friday.

Guns n Roses still have no reasoning behind them.

Green Day doing BST seems to count them out.

Blink-182 might be there as they're doing an Austrian festival the weekend after.

Linkin Park are the same as Blink-182

Aerosmith have yet to announce any European festival dates either but are still being guessed.

Biffy got mentioned but seem unlikely too.

Think that's everything.

11 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Just came on forums for first time in ages and it took me to page 11, so anything between there and here, I haven't read. Wanna catch me up folks?

Welcome back, man. Erm, not too much. Blink were a popular choice until someone said they had heard that they had placeholder gigs at Birmingham Arena in July (obviously for a U.K. Tour) so people counted them out, but they've been announced for a couple of festivals in Europe around DL time so are back in the hat. 

SOAD are playing two Downloads in Europe so seem to be most peoples banker for DL UK. 

Metallica said they weren't back in Europe until the Autumn, but that Zegut fella has said they're being announced for something in Europe on Monday, the same day DL France is announcing. 

Aerosmith seem to be a popular choice because of their Final Tour. And Guns 'N Roses are still ok with a shout even though most seem to think that they will be doing their own gigs. 

Avenged were one of the favourites because of the new album and all, but they haven't been announced for a single European festival yet so it's possible they might not be over here in the summer at all. 

As for other acts, Alter Bridge seemed to self-confirm on Twitter last week. 

2 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

SoaD are playing Download France, Spain and a load of other Euro Fests around Download UK.

Metallica were written off but are seemingly back on as Zegut says Download France are going to announce them on Friday.

Blink-182 might be there as they're doing an Austrian festival the weekend after.

Aerosmith have yet to announce any European festival dates either but are still being guessed.

Think that's everything.

Damn :lol: 

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

Think that's everything.

Oh so no one has leaked it ahead of this week, interesting. Pretty surprised about that. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Welcome back, man. Erm, not too much. Blink were a popular choice until someone said they had heard that they had placeholder gigs at Birmingham Arena in July (obviously for a U.K. Tour) so people counted them out, but they've been announced for a couple of festivals in Europe around DL time so are back in the hat. 

SOAD are playing two Downloads in Europe so seem to be most peoples banker for DL UK. 

Metallica said they weren't back in Europe until the Autumn, but that Zegut fella has said they're being announced for something in Europe on Monday, the same day DL France is announcing. 

Aerosmith seem to be a popular choice because of their Final Tour. And Guns 'N Roses are still ok with a shout even though most seem to think that they will be doing their own gigs. 

Avenged were one of the favourites because of the new album and all, but they haven't been announced for a single European festival yet so it's possible they might not be over here in the summer at all. 

As for other acts, Alter Bridge seemed to self-confirm on Twitter last week. 

Hi, new here but a semi-regular on the DL forum. 

Looks like it could be anyone's game this year then?

I was hoping for BMTH, Guns and Metallica, but would settle for System, Blink (just for the guilty pleasure element) and 'Tallica. 

18 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Avenged Sevenfold haven't announced any festival dates yet,maybe they'll come back later in the year for Reading and Leeds.

Possible. Tho it wouldn't be that smart a move by FR to 'devalue' the band by having them not headline, and at the same time it'd be ballsy to bump them up even as a coheadliner. Probably the sort of band that could tour around that time and still not get picked up by R+L, like Linkin Park last year.

The lack of festival dates could just be because of where they're playing. I mean, I think it's only really Nova Rock and Rock Am Ring that have announced and if they're doing, say, Rock in Vienna and Rockavaria then they won't be at those announced ones anyway.

Edited by dentalplan

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Possible. Tho it wouldn't be that smart a move by FR to 'devalue' the band by having them not headline, and at the same time it'd be ballsy to bump them up even as a coheadliner. Probably the sort of band that could tour around that time and still not get picked up by R+L, like Linkin Park last year.

Yeah pretty much this. Too expensive to book and not have as a headliner, and simply not the right type of act to headline R&L. Imagine how dangerously busy it would be in the tent for whoever was up against them.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The lack of festival dates could just be because of where they're playing. I mean, I think it's only really Nova Rock and Rock Am Ring that have announced and if they're doing, say, Rock in Vienna and Rockavaria then they won't be at those announced ones anyway.

Yeh, I suppose.

Just thought that Reading might take a punt as,after all,they wouldn't be their most 'metal' headliner ever so it wouldn't be a total gamble.

Admittedly Maiden and Metallica are massive but Avenged tour seems to be selling well in fairly big venues and this new album could increase fanbase further.

I think download needs to attract in a younger audience. It cooincides with GCSEs/A-levels and unis aren't on their holidays. I think it should be a few weeks later, and since black sabbath are fucking off it won't be too long until all the other bands their so heavily reliant on do too, along with their fan bases

Royal blood/ bmth co headline

soad 

metallica

think that should be what they do as that would appeal to all audiences