Download 2017

Hart Attack

33 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

It's also not like Blink don't have the demand to shift day tickets to Download as one of 3 UK dates.

It's not Reading though. Day tickets aren't £65. Day tickets at Download are like £100 because Download don't want to sell day tickets, they want to sell weekend tickets. Is the average blink fan really forking out £100 to see them at Download when they can see them for £35/40 at their own show? 

Not sure if there are any big blink fans on here, but I reckon that blink playing Download would go someway in convincing people to go to Download who maybe don't always go when it's a heavier/older year of headliners. Now are those same people that fussed if they can just see blink in on an Arena tour for half the price a month later? Probably not. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

They're on that Nova poster. Yer prediction looks sensible. I should've remembered to put Sum-41 in mine seeing as I've been saying to peeps on the R+L bit that they'll probably do Download because of their tour this year. :P

God I hope it's not a lot like one of those line ups though. Practically nada for me.

So they are! And I looked at the bloody Nova poster this morning too :lol: I'd be really happy with those lineups, tbf. 

Just now, Pop Punk Sucks said:

It's not Reading though. Day tickets aren't £65. Day tickets at Download are like £100 because Download don't want to sell day tickets, they want to sell weekend tickets. Is the average blink fan really forking out £100 to see them at Download when they can see them for £35/40 at their own show? 

Not sure if there are any big blink fans on here, but I reckon that blink playing Download would go someway in convincing people to go to Download who maybe don't always go when it's a heavier/older year of headliners. Now are those same people that fussed if they can just see blink in on an Arena tour for half the price a month later? Probably not. 

Day tickets were £92.50, see this: http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/reading/2014

I'm a big Blink fan, contemplating Download dependent on the line up. Would go to both a London show and Download.

Blink would definitely attract customers to Download despite doing 1/2 other shows. I know many people who wouldn't go to see Blink at their own show but would certainly find them tempting as part of a festival line up.

Spread some bands like Sum 41, Good Charlotte, The Offspring, YMAS etc across the line up and i'm sure that'd definitely attract a different crowd to usual alongside some heavier bands from the same time like SoaD, Limp Bizkit etc and you'd definitely bring in the people.

14 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

The difference is that Travis doesn't fly, so Blink would have to work at least one date alongside any festival they play. When they did R&L they did two Brixton dates alongside it only a month before. Obviously that only totals to around 10k people but they sold out instantly alongside day tickets for Reading (not sure about Leeds, presumably not, but Leeds never sells out).

So that's two festival dates and two separate shows (totals to around 1 arena show).

Download and 1/2 separate dates a month later would be fine if that was fine.

I didn't say acts didn't play Brixton around festival dates. Loads do, but it's not tantamount to an arena. And looking into it, those shows were announced at short notice - on the day Reading day tickets sold out. I mean...

Also, by the looks of it, Blink came over and did some small shows and radio appearances in the UK in the space of a week this June in the middle of a US run so they're not gonna bend festivals over a barrel cos of this non-flying shit, they can still travel alright.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

The difference is that Travis doesn't fly, so Blink would have to work at least one date alongside any festival they play. When they did R&L they did two Brixton dates alongside it only a month before. Obviously that only totals to around 10k people but they sold out instantly alongside day tickets for Reading (not sure about Leeds, presumably not, but Leeds never sells out).

So that's two festival dates and two separate shows (totals to around 1 arena show).

Download and 1/2 separate dates a month later would be fine if that was fine.

Those two dates were essentially warm up shows before the festival, not an arena run just 3/4 weeks after the festival.

Big difference there also is that Reading always sells out and had sold out before those shows happened. Leeds hadn't sold out from what I remember, but chances are people from that far up the country would sooner get a day ticket at Leeds than go down to London. 

The main thing here though is that Download booking blink would be them trying to branch out and appeal to that sort of audience more. blink is also a somewhat risky booking for Download as it is, it shouldn't be, but because they've never got Green Day or blink before, when they do book them it will be a risk, especially if they don't have a Metallica or Maiden sized band alongside them.

There's literally no way Download would book blink and then say "oh so you want to do 2/3 Arena shows in July too? And put them on sale 2 or 3 months before you play our festival? Sure!" 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

13 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Not sure if there are any big blink fans on here

:ninja::ninja::ninja: 

:lol: 

Providing the rest of the day had at least 2/3 other bands I really wanted to see, I would have no issue with paying £100 for a day ticket to see Blink at Download. 

Blink / ADTR / Limp Bizkit / Of Mice & Men / Sum 41 / Pierce The Veil / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter / Creeper 

That'd do the trick. 

Edited by Andre91

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Providing the rest of the day had at least 2/3 other bands I really wanted to see, I would have no issue with paying £100 for a day ticket to see Blink at Download. 

Blink / ADTR / Limp Bizkit / Of Mice & Men / Sum 41 / Pierce The Veil / While She Sleeps / Frank Carter / Creeper 

That'd do the trick. 

Exactly my thinking, i think a lot of Blink fans would rather pay £100 for a festival day ticket with a line up like that then £40 for just Blink and probably someone like All-American Rejects or All Time Low.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

That'd do the trick. 

I'd pay £70 for that, not a chance £100.

Listened to the new avenged on YouTube earlier before it was pulled down. Really enjoyed it, bits of city of evil, eponymous and nightmare mixed together with some straight up prog moments on there. The stage is probably the weakest song on there. Highlights for me were God damn, simulation and exist. 

The main negative is shadows vocals sound really fucking nasally for the most part and the vocal melodies are a bit similar. Gates fucking kills it on guitar, wackerman does a great job on drums but the low end is virtually non existent, really have to strain to hear the bass lines.

Way better than I expected after hail to the King and the lead track off this. 

16 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

The main negative is shadows vocals sound really fucking nasally for the most part and the vocal melodies are a bit similar. Gates fucking kills it on guitar, wackerman does a great job on drums but the low end is virtually non existent, really have to strain to hear the bass lines.

Ahhh I always forget about their fucking names. They sound like Street Sharks.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If you're willing to pay £70, then what's another £30 :P ? 

Yeah but you could say if it was £100 then what's another £20/30?....where does it stops? 

I wouldn't turn up until the Sum 41 set, then only be bothered by ADTR if they leave the newer shit out..that's not meaning very recent btw and Blink.....fun for giggles but not good live. 

So we are getting all three headliners and other acts next Thursday! Brilliant stuff. Final headliner prediction: 

System Of A Down 

Avenged Sevenfold 

Aerosmith 

Shall we get an announcement prediction game going similar to what we do in the R&L thread? Should we say you have to guess 3 headliners and 7 other acts, maybe? 

3 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

seems a bit strange to announce all the headliners at once. my immediate impression is that they're not big enough to justify their own announcement, which pretty much rules GnR out if that's the case

Or every other festival in europe at that time will have announced.