Download 2017

Hart Attack

40 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

So it can't be long, right? Would be bonkers if both the French and Spanish DL's had several acts announced and the UK has nothing?

Well this time last year we had all 3 headliners so hopefully over the next week or two we should get something.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Not sure how blink getting announced for Nova changes anything. They're not going to be at Download and will still tour the UK in July? 

I still heard Blink for Reading from friends that did the marketing for their latest release. This came from the same place that provided the LCD news last year that they were playing Glasto

Starting to wonder now if they meant Download...Definitely one of the two for sure. 

Righto here's me final prediction thing beefed up with various announced acts from the European festies.....

System of a Down, Prophets of Rage, Mastodon, Trivium
// Of Mice & Men, Sleeping with Sirens, Simple Plan
/// Thunder

Guns N' Roses, Alter Bridge, Alice in Chains, In Flames
// Parkway Drive, Pierce the Veil, Motionless in White
/// Flogging Molly

Aerosmith, Steel Panther, Stone Sour, Airbourne
// Rancid, Hatebreed, The Dillinger Escape Plan
/// Modestep

Edited by dentalplan
forgot ATL played this year

Have we thought that the 'placeholder' in Birmingham in July was a 'placeholder' incase them playing Download fell through?

Blink could do Download in June, then do mainland Europe festivals and then loop back to the UK in July and do a tour something like:

London, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow, Belfast/Dublin?

Crossing the channel a couple of times isn't going to cause them any trouble as it doesn't take very long.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Righto here's me final prediction thing beefed up with various announced acts from the European festies.....

System of a Down, Prophets of Rage, Mastodon, Trivium
// Of Mice & Men, Sleeping with Sirens, Simple Plan
/// Thunder

Guns N' Roses, Alter Bridge, Alice in Chains, In Flames
// Parkway Drive, Pierce the Veil, Motionless in White
/// Flogging Molly

Aerosmith, Steel Panther, Stone Sour, Airbourne
// Rancid, Hatebreed, The Dillinger Escape Plan
/// Modestep

Decent lineup and realistic. Although I'm not sure if OM&M will be around, Austin's health has taken a bad turn again recently.   I've got them in my prediction also, though. 

System Of A Down / Prophets of Rage / Limp Bizkit / Architects / Hatebreed 

Steel Panther / Ghost

Simple Plan 

Avenged Sevenfold / Five Finger Death Punch / Stone Sour / Papa Roach / Gojira

Rancid / Sum 41

Mayhem

Guns 'N Roses / Alter Bridge / Volbeat / Airbourne / In Flames 

Of Mice & Men / Pierce The Veil 

The Dillinger Escape Plan

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Decent lineup and realistic. Although I'm not sure if OM&M will be around, Austin's health has taken a bad turn again recently.  

They're on that Nova poster. Yer prediction looks sensible. I should've remembered to put Sum-41 in mine seeing as I've been saying to peeps on the R+L bit that they'll probably do Download because of their tour this year. :P

God I hope it's not a lot like one of those line ups though. Practically nada for me.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

They're not gonna play Download and have a UK tour in July. Seems pretty obvious too that they're not going to do Euro Fests in June and then play R+L too.

Were you the source of the 'arena tour' info on these boards? I thought I saw Chavmeister mention it first, which would make it odd that you'd be getting personal blame for this. :lol:

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Were you the source of the 'arena tour' info on these boards? I thought I saw Chavmeister mention it first, which would make it odd that you'd be getting personal blame for this. :lol:

Nah I just took the guy's word for it as he definitely has a Birmingham source who he's got countless dates from before. 

17 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Even if they "could" why on earth would Download agree to let them do that? No way they'd stick tickets on sale for a July tour after Download, so would have to be before Download, whilst Download itself is still trying to shift tickets. 

5 dates might be too much for Download to accept but i'm sure they wouldn't be too fussed about a couple of other dates, something like Download, London, Glasgow for example, especially when both London and Glasgow are so far from Download.

Just now, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Has nothing to do with how far away they are though. It's not like blink fans from Scotland or London areas don't go to Download or wouldn't travel if blink were booked there.

It's also not like Blink don't have the demand to shift day tickets to Download as one of 3 UK dates.

I wouldn't expect them to shift day tickets to Download if it was their only UK show. Day tickets seem to rarely sell out.

But UK arena shows in the summer are generally for acts that haven't copped a top-paying festival headline slot and are just scooping up the demand while doing other European shows. It's not a done thing that there are festival headliners playing all around the country around a big billing at a major UK festival. If they do end up playing Download it's because they're not doing the arena tour.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I wouldn't expect them to shift day tickets to Download if it was their only UK show. Day tickets seem to rarely sell out.

But UK arena shows in the summer are generally for acts that haven't copped a top-paying festival headline slot and are just scooping up the demand while doing other European shows. It's not a done thing that there are festival headliners playing all around the country around a big billing at a major UK festival. If they do end up playing Download it's because they're not doing the arena tour.

The difference is that Travis doesn't fly, so Blink would have to work at least one date alongside any festival they play. When they did R&L they did two Brixton dates alongside it only a month before. Obviously that only totals to around 10k people but they sold out instantly alongside day tickets for Reading (not sure about Leeds, presumably not, but Leeds never sells out).

So that's two festival dates and two separate shows (totals to around 1 arena show).

Download and 1/2 separate dates a month later would be fine if that was fine.

Edited by Gozpot