Thoughts... what about the locals

Peroni

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live about 2 minutes walk away from Fontwell and can confirm this article (as suspected) is a load of bollocks.

Admittedly, it's a not a great site for a festival; its small, got relatively rubbish transport links for anyone arriving by anything other than car and has never really held this size of event before.

That said, I knew all about the festival for months and naff all about the 'local concerns' until I read this article.

It went off without a hitch really. As far as I'm aware there were no noise problems (couldn't here it), no major problems on the roads and no surge of anti-social behaviour when people were leaving.

Of course there were the occasional 16 year old dropping for the first time and getting in a state (that's who this type of event is aimed at :P), and the expected queues to get out but that was it.

Anyway, it's back in Portsmouth next year, which is a win for everyone I guess as the organisers would probably much rather it be in the middle of a city.

Canoe....anybody else have memories of 2005 come flooding back whenever they hear the word?

I do yeah!

I also think about how good Canoe is in Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. I saw him play with Dog Star on the Other Stage in 94 I think it was. They were alright!

This has got me worried...

"Snoop Dogg is probably as violent as my cat - he's very vicious"

I'm off to Y not festival where he's headlining and now I'm seriously concerned he might start hissing and scratch my arms or bite my face. Or even worse come violently bursting in to my tent with a half dead bird in his mouth leaving a trail of blood and feathers for me to deal with while he proudly retreats outside waiting for me to feed him or roll him some of that 'weed' stuff he's well known for his love of.

that guys cat is headlining Y-not?  jees they're struggling for acts this year arent they?

I live about 2 minutes walk away from Fontwell and can confirm this article (as suspected) is a load of bollocks.

Admittedly, it's a not a great site for a festival; its small, got relatively rubbish transport links for anyone arriving by anything other than car and has never really held this size of event before.

That said, I knew all about the festival for months and naff all about the 'local concerns' until I read this article.

It went off without a hitch really. As far as I'm aware there were no noise problems (couldn't here it), no major problems on the roads and no surge of anti-social behaviour when people were leaving.

Of course there were the occasional 16 year old dropping for the first time and getting in a state (that's who this type of event is aimed at :P), and the expected queues to get out but that was it.

Anyway, it's back in Portsmouth next year, which is a win for everyone I guess as the organisers would probably much rather it be in the middle of a city.

Nice one, thanks for posting. I'm guessing the DM won't be interested in paying you a fortune for your review of the fest.

Apparently the name Barbara comes from the Greek term barbaros meaning foreign or strange, traveller from a foreign land. Maybe the parents thought that this new bundle of joy in their lives represented just that ie a traveller from another place. By the time this Barbara grows up Barbara Windsor will be dead and long forgotten, so all will be well. Then again, they might just like the name.