Line-up for the final ever Glastonbury

sjseabass

The slightly worrying speculation about the future of the festival in other threads, Michael's old comments about moving to another site etc made me think - what would it actually be like being at the final ever Glastonbury? Would it be possible to even enjoy it at all, really? Or would it just be 175,000 people in tears for 5 days?

And who should be given the chance to play it? Obviously, it would be glorious to bow out with a curtain call for Led Zeppelin. But another part of me thinks it ought to go to the reliable old friends rather than anyone new. So:

Pyramid - Blur, Coldplay and Radiohead subbed by The Prodigy, Pulp and Nick Cave. ABBA in the Legends slot (never a repeat, to the last!). Also appearing: Hawkwind, Elvis Costello, Billy Bragg.

Other - Portishead, Orbital and the Chemical Brothers

Appearing somewhere - Fatboy Slim, Mik Artistik, Beans On Toast, Daft Punk secret set...

I'm sure I've missed loads who would simply have to be there.

Would this be if the final ever Glastonbury was hypothetically next year? Just because if it was ten or twenty years down the line, most people would struggle to make a list...

Yeah I had the theoretical last one being 2017 (before the fallow year) or 2020 (50th anniversary). Obviously people like Hawkwind are gonna struggle much beyond that!

You could enjoy it. In 1999/2000 big rumours were going round that we were actually at the last festival and it was still pretty good. Believable too, with Jean dying and the fence dropping.

Yeah, there was a lot of expectation at both that it was all going to be over before too long.

Pyramid Stage:
ZOMBIES!

The Other Stage:
ZOMBIES!

West Holts Stage:
ZOMBIES!

John Peel Stage:
ZOMBIES!

The Park Stage:
Rick Grimes

Acoustic Stage:
ZOMBIES!

Avalon Stage:
ZOMBIES!

Leftfield:
ZOMBIES!

The Glade:
ZOMBIES!

WOW!:
ZOMBIES!

Sonic:
ZOMBIES!

The Blues:
ZOMBIES!

BBC Introducing Stage:
ZOMBIES!

Arcadia:
ZOMBIES!

Pilton Palis:
28 Days Later, Dawn Of The Dead, Zombieland

The Bimble Inn:
ZOMBIES!

The Crow's Nest:
ZOMBIES! (unannounced brain-eating set)

The Rabbit Hole:
ZOMBIES!

La Pussy Parlure:
ZOMBIES!

Croissant Nuef:
Mik Artistik's Ego Trip

Only a zombie apocalypse will stop Glastonbury.

A mere zombie apocalypse cannot stop Mik Artistik.